Q: How do you launch Amplitube as standalone? [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Q: How do you launch Amplitube as standalone? [Resolved]

Postby quiknen » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:17 pm

Sorry but this is just rediculous...
How do you launch this 'free' software as a standalone program so i can test & hear this work "for free"?!

I've run all the installers, tried launching IK Manager that says "installed" & "Authorized", but i dont see any desktop icon that lets me launch a program to start playing. I've tried 'Custom Shop' and that opens up with all the option to buy stuff (and shows the free gear), but it looks like an account manager section not the actual utility software?

I'd rather not have to use a DAW program, like ableton/fruitloops, is Amplitube a standalone?!
(Also tried installing BiasFX and same thing, no desktop icon for a quick launch straight to a program, wtf is going on?!)

I have all the needed equipment, i just cant figure out the software side of it.
Can someone please give a step-by-step guide how to launch this from the desktop (even if it must include a DAW program, because at this point i mine as well 'try' it).
quiknen

Re: Q: Basics - How do you launch Aplitube as standalone?!

Postby DarkStar » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:56 pm

AmpliTube ("AT4") can be installed as a stanfdalone progam or various plformats of plug-in ( for a DAW).

On Windows there should be an entry for AmpliTube in the Start >> All Program >> KL Multimedia >> AmpliTube menu.

Or, do a search for the program (.exe), create a shortcut to it and put that shortcut on your Desktop.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Q: Basics - How do you launch Aplitube as standalone?!

Postby quiknen » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:47 am

Found the issue:
From the windows start icon, the only .exe it was recognizing was inside the download folder (essentially i was stuck in an "installation loop" process). I physically opened up the "C:Program Files/*Program_Folder*" and the .exe application was sitting inside and was able to create the desktop shortcut from there.

Very strange that both Amplitube & BiasFX both never created a desktop shortcut for standalone apllication after installation.
quiknen

Re: Q: How do you launch Amplitube as standalone? [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:33 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling