Some newbie question

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Some newbie question

Postby cptgiga » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:56 pm

Hey all

I have mixcraft 9, AmpliTube, and just bought the fender collection 1.

I've been trying to find out how to use the various fender amps within mixcraft. For example, I'll record clean then I want to use the fender amps to model my sound (like how I do with my waves plugins)

How best should I start with this?

(edit - I dont see these in my FX selections, maybe their under some weird name?)

thanks all!
cptgiga

Re: Some newbie question

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:07 pm

You run those Fender models inside of AmpliTube. AmpliTube is an effect plugin (not an instrument plugin) so you would want to instantiate it on an audio track as an insert effect. I'm not 100% sure how that is done step-by-step in Mixcraft though as I do not use that DAW.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Some newbie question

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:07 pm

To supplement Peter's reply, make sure to go to your DAW preferences to enable your VST plug-ins and re-scan if necessary. The default folders used for AmpliTube and other IK products should be selected in Mixcraft automatically.

See the example images below of how I set up the trial to get started.

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling