Irig hd2 midi setup.

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Irig hd2 midi setup.

Postby Scott Viehbeck » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:47 am

I'm attempting to now do the midi setup after installing asio4all on pc.In the instruction photo it shows in both the input and output device boxes of left channel, right channel,, for example.
In the left channel boxes it shows. USB AUDIO DEVICE 1.
But after I did install asio4all on pc I connected irig to my pc. But the midi setup box shows NOT CONNECTED 1 in left channel box on my PC.
In fact it shows the other boxes with the same problem. Right channel shows not connected 2.
What am I not doing here in order to have a connection in order to play guitar?
Scott Viehbeck

Re: Irig hd2 midi setup.

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:55 pm

iRig HD 2 does not have any MIDI inputs/outputs. Also, you should use the iRig ASIO driver, not ASIO4ALL now. Please download that from your IK User Area for best results for the audio interface capabilities of iRig HD 2.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Scott Viehbeck » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:40 pm

I realized when I did the midi setup. I restarted the pc and everything then appeared in the boxes. And it seems to be working. Yes I did use asio4all to set it up.
Why use the other? Asio.
If so do I just do the setup again?
Scott Viehbeck

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:57 pm

Scott Viehbeck wrote:I realized when I did the midi setup. I restarted the pc and everything then appeared in the boxes. And it seems to be working. Yes I did use asio4all to set it up.
Why use the other? Asio.
If so do I just do the setup again?

It is always best to use the actual manufacturer drivers for an audio interface. They are non-generic, made specifically for the interfaces, and in almost every case much better and stable than ASIO4ALL. You would install the drivers from your IK User Area and then choose those drivers instead of ASIO4ALL in your audio applications.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Scott Viehbeck » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:38 pm

I installed the asio window download.
I went to midi setup. It had selections
IRig Device & ASIO4ALLv2.
I believe the IRig Device was already on that list.
Is that the version for Asio you mentioned to use. That maybe it was pre-installed.
Scott Viehbeck

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling