how to import ultimate guitar backing tracks into AmpliTube?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

how to import ultimate guitar backing tracks into AmpliTube?

Postby Allerious » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:58 pm

is it possible to download backing tracks from ultimate-guitar.com and import them into AmpliTube.

The backing track file type downloaded from UG is .GP5 but AmpliTube doesn't recognised this file when i try to import it. Can it be converted to another file type compatible with AmpliTube?

If this isn't possible how could i go about getting backing tracks for most songs with the guitar sections removed?
Allerious

Re: how to import ultimate guitar backing tracks into AmpliT

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:26 pm

gp5 file extension are files that have been created with the Guitar Pro 5 multi-track tablature editor software. This tablature editor allows a user to create scores for guitars, bass, banjos and other stringed musical instruments.

So the file is a score file, not an audio file. You'll need to play back that file in Guitar Pro, record the audio (to disk or maybe directly into AmpliTube) ten use that audio file.

Link to the GP User manual
https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002399509-GP7-5-Guitar-Pro-7-5-User-s-guide-
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: how to import ultimate guitar backing tracks into AmpliT

Postby jem7sk » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:45 pm

I remember back about 20 years ago I use to export the midi from Guitar Pro and import it into the VST part of my recording software and it would recreate it. I don't remember how I did it though.
jem7sk

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling