AT4 x Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen — Lost sound and can't get it bac

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT4 x Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen — Lost sound and can't get it bac

Postby alxmtnc » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:02 pm

Hi there!

I've been messing around Amplitube 4 and Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen for 2 weeks now.
I realized I lose the sound output on AT4 if I unplug the Scarlett then plug again it (USB port). The sound remains for all other apps but not AT4. I have to reboot AT4 all the time when i'm forced to unplug (happens), to have AT4's sound working again.

So today, after I had to unplug again, I decided, after plugging back, that I'll check the input/output settings on AT4, which were all set to Scarlett 2i2. For some reasons I switched back to my Mac's native input/output, to switch again to scarlett 2i2, and see if fixes the problem.

It didn't. But it created a whole other problem: I have no sound (output) whatsoever now in AT4. I rebooted AT4 many times, including my Macbook but it did'nt fix the problem. I still have sound for all other apps including internet browsers and Ableton. But AT4: Nothing. It's not the Scarlett, it must be AT4 alone.
I tried the same manipulation: switching from Scarlett to the Mac's native output/input devices in AT4, then back again to Scarlett's: nothing.

The Scarlett still gets input signals as I see from the monitor's led blinking when I strum my guitar with the volume pot open. But it stops here.

I checked online, I couldn't find a fix, so I'm asking here :).

Hope we find a solution
alxmtnc

Re: AT4 x Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen — Lost sound and can't get it

Postby alxmtnc » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:04 pm

Little update:

I tried using Amplitube as an Ableton Live 10 plugin: same result. It may be the Scarlett 2i2... I'm lost.
I tried uninstalling and installing again, nothing works
alxmtnc

Postby supanorton » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:36 pm

alxmtnc wrote:Little update:

I tried using Amplitube as an Ableton Live 10 plugin: same result. It may be the Scarlett 2i2... I'm lost.
I tried uninstalling and installing again, nothing works

Does the 2i2 work in Ableton when using a microphone?
Take AT4 out of the insert and try your guitar unprocessed. Can you hear it?
Maybe you accidentally turned on phantom power or some other setting on the 2i2?
supanorton

Postby alxmtnc » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:32 pm

Unfortunately I do not own a microphone :/
If by phantom power you mean the 48V, nope, it's off! I don't touch the 2i2 during the unplug/plug process.
If by "taking at4 out of the insert" you mean using Ableton and not the AT4 plugin, then yes it works. Being a noobie, and having only used AT4 so far, I realized I had to turn the "in" button on to hear the guitar on Ableton just a min ago.

Still, the input problem is persistent on the native software, it only works on ableton live

Thank you for taking the time to help!

PS: bear in mind I'm not a native english speaker :)
alxmtnc

Postby supanorton » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:27 pm

Seems like there’s a setting AT4 that’s been changed somehow. It may be time to contact support. Please let us know what the solution is.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
supanorton

Postby alxmtnc » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:34 pm

Yes I did the same day I opened this topic :), waiting for support to respond. And yes it seems it's just a setting, but I keep looking for every little detail, I can't find anything
alxmtnc

Postby alxmtnc » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:21 pm

RESOLVED

Original problem: Some unknown setting changed in Amplitube 4 after a switch from my audio interface's input/output to my macbook's, and then back to the interface. In result I lost the input signal (no signal shown in Amplitube 4, yet visible on the audio interface's LEDs). Amplitube 4 still worked as a plugin in Ableton Live 10.

Solution:

On Mac:
(Library) > Application Support > Ik Multimedia > Amplitube 4 > [delete settings file located here]

On Windows:
C > Users > Name > Appdata > Roaming > IK Multimedia > AmpliTube 4 > [delete settings file located here]
Note: You must have the show hidden files/folders option set to the ON position in Windows to see the Appdata and beyond option.
alxmtnc

Postby supanorton » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:08 am

Glad to see you're up and running.
supanorton

Postby garfy » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:14 am

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling