Wow.. Just discovered the Mesa Mark IV

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Wow.. Just discovered the Mesa Mark IV

Postby jem7sk » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:37 pm

So I always thought I was a Marshall guy and this past weekend I discovered a patch on my HX Stomp that is the best tone I've ever heard. It is made with the Mesa Mark IV lead amp. Then I thought I'd check my Amplitube 4 Max install and see if they have it. It was there and I recreated the patch in A4 and it sounded even better in A4. Where has this amp been all my life. 8-)
jem7sk

Re: Wow.. Just discovered the Mesa Mark IV

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:52 pm

jem7sk wrote:So I always thought I was a Marshall guy and this past weekend I discovered a patch on my HX Stomp that is the best tone I've ever heard. It is made with the Mesa Mark IV lead amp. Then I thought I'd check my Amplitube 4 Max install and see if they have it. It was there and I recreated the patch in A4 and it sounded even better in A4. Where has this amp been all my life. 8-)

Nice! We definitely should do some more MESA amps.

I emphasized this one part because some folks don't realize that we don't just have people slap their names on things, we really do work with some of the most deeply involved companies and artists (or unfortunately estates/techs/colleagues in the case of some who are no longer with us) when making models for AmpliTube. MESA was extremely meticulous and not at all shy about telling us to keep working when it wasn't up to their standards.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Wow.. Just discovered the Mesa Mark IV

Postby jem7sk » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:24 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
jem7sk wrote:So I always thought I was a Marshall guy and this past weekend I discovered a patch on my HX Stomp that is the best tone I've ever heard. It is made with the Mesa Mark IV lead amp. Then I thought I'd check my Amplitube 4 Max install and see if they have it. It was there and I recreated the patch in A4 and it sounded even better in A4. Where has this amp been all my life. 8-)

Nice! We definitely should do some more MESA amps.

I emphasized this one part because some folks don't realize that we don't just have people slap their names on things, we really do work with some of the most deeply involved companies and artists (or unfortunately estates/techs/colleagues in the case of some who are no longer with us) when making models for AmpliTube. MESA was extremely meticulous and not at all shy about telling us to keep working when it wasn't up to their standards.

Yeah, there is more things to configure in A4 compared to Helix... and it looks like the real thing. The biggest kicker is out of all my paid IRs, the amplitube cab room sounds the best.
jem7sk

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling