Amplitube 4 registration issue in Logic Pro

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 registration issue in Logic Pro

Postby Bouvarnal » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:19 am

Hello!

In a wonderfull act of repentance I finally decided to buy an official licence of Amplitube Max, i you know what I mean :)
In product manager I can see that the app if authorized, even the standalone is working well, but Logic pro still considers that the try period has expired and the product must be activated... So I repeat the registration process in Logic Pro, but at the next session in Logic the message appears again.
I have uninstalled the app,and reinstalled in directly from the authorisation manager app, without success. Any ideas?
Bouvarnal

Re: Amplitube 4 registration issue in Logic Pro

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:56 am

Hello and welcome to the forum.

As the standalone AmpliTube program loads and runs OK, the Logic Pro must be playing up.

-----------------------------
As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Amplitube 4 registration issue in Logic Pro

Postby garfy » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:12 am

I don't think LPX gets involved with the authorisation, it will take its cue from the main app preference file. All LPX will check is whether the AU file is valid i.e. it runs effectively. I'm pretty sure that the error you're seeing is actually just the instruction from AT4.

In LPX, go to Preferences>Plug-in Manager, find and highlight the AmpliTube 4 line and then click Reset & Rescan Selection. If that comes back with successful validation then LPX is seeing it as a working AU.

As DarkStar suggests though, getting help direct from Official IK Support is always the best idea.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling