Amplitube 4 Midi Control Change

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 Midi Control Change

Postby skidude88 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:11 pm

Built my own Stomp box, 5x Momentary switches and a cheap clone Arduino Pro Micro.

Everything works great, using 3 switches for a Program Change and 2 Switches for Control Change (learning the Global CC# for Next Preset & Previous Presets)

Only problem is when I close down Amplitube and reload - only the 3x PC's continue to work.

The Midi registers the CC's (in that the Midi Square goes red when switches are pressed) , but nothing actually changes.

Just relearning the CC#'s doesn't fix it - I have to "Clear All" , re-learn again - then the Next and Previous Presets work OK?

Anyone else come across this bug? and know how to fix it?

Just upgraded from 4.9 to 4.10 and issue still persists :(
skidude88

Re: Amplitube 4 Midi Control Change

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:51 pm

I'm not sure what would cause this, I've had no such issues with MIDI controllers like iRig Stomp I/O and others personally. Since it has been a while with no other users chiming in, I'd suggest opening a ticket with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not already done so. I'm sure they can help you sort out what is happening.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Amplitube 4 Midi Control Change

Postby skidude88 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:48 pm

As a follow up -

I've just logged a support case for this on Amplitube 5.

I can see now see in Amplitube 5 that on reloading, the control change for Next and Previous have Latch set to "ON", despite being set to "OFF" prior to shutting down the software.

If I set back to OFF then both the controls work.

Even closing down and loading backup without the Stomp pedal attached, Latch is changing to ON (Next and Previous)

I think Next and Previous controls are "Momentary On" rather than latched "ON".
skidude88

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling