Amplitube looper track lengths

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube looper track lengths

Postby growen0 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:30 am

I'm curious why the length (duration) of tracks 2,3 and 4 are locked to the duration of track 1.

From the product page - https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... #loop-play
However, the loop length for loops 2, 3 & 4 are set by the start & stop recording time for track 1. Just makes sense.

Why does it 'just make sense'?
growen0

Re: Amplitube looper track lengths

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:04 pm

Because that's the way people typically use a looper. You would lay down the longest "base" loop first then create the other loops based on that. They're typically shorter or the same length as the first loop.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Amplitube looper track lengths

Postby growen0 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:16 pm

I always had the impression the looper tracks could be independent for live playback.

The benefit (to me) is that each track can be a snippet of any length that is toggled on and off depending on what overlays I wanted at a particular time.

Is there a way to achieve this with Amplitube?
growen0

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling