AMPLITUBE -Can´t get a decent distorted sound, muffled

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AMPLITUBE -Can´t get a decent distorted sound, muffled

Postby pedrito01 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:15 pm

Hi! I´ve struggling with Amplitube for some time now. I want to get a decent metal guitar tone out of it but I can seem to do it. It sounds too muffled and distorted, lacks brightness. I´ve tried different settings, executed it in and out of FL Studio, tried with different buffers lengths, EQing does not solve much... And nothing seems to work. I´m assuming it must be some issue with my PC´s sound card, but I´m kinda lost. I´m leaving the sound samples here, for you to check them and see:

https://soundcloud.com/user-961464846/s ... ube-trials

Thanks in advance for the help!
pedrito01

Re: AMPLITUBE -Can´t get a decent distorted sound, muffled

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:42 pm

What audio interface are you using? The key to a great tone in any amp sim starts with using an audio interface with a proper instrument/Hi-Z input as guitar is not providing a line level like your average onboard computer audio input would expect.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: AMPLITUBE -Can´t get a decent distorted sound, muffled

Postby lucaspaul1974 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:13 am

OKAY,THIS FIXED MY PROBLEM,I WAS USING FOCUSRITE 2ND GENERATION,I UPGRADED TO 3RD GENERATION AND EVERYTHING IS AS IT SHOULD BE CRYSTAL CLEAR!!!THE 2ND GEN PREAMPS ARE NOT CUTTING IT. :D
lucaspaul1974

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling