AmpliTube 4 Presets not showing up in Garageband

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 4 Presets not showing up in Garageband

Postby derekjmcl » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:33 am

I have tried all of the suggestions in the FAQ but my AmpliTube 4 Presets still don't show up in Garageband. Please help!

Amplitube 4
GarageBand Version 10.3.5

Amplitube loads but no presets are available.
derekjmcl

Re: AmpliTube 4 Presets not showing up in Garageband

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:57 pm

Since no users have chimed in with suggestions and the FAQ doesn't help you should open a ticket with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not done so already. They can provide direct and official support and will be able to help resolve your issue. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby psivco » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:06 pm

I followed the instructions to copy the presets to the com.apple.garageband10 folder and it works for me, the presets are available in the plug in. However, even though I can hear a preset, I am having a challenge getting GarageBand to record the Amplitube tone and not some other GarageBand tone.
psivco

Postby garfy » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:59 am

psivco wrote:However, even though I can hear a preset, I am having a challenge getting GarageBand to record the Amplitube tone and not some other GarageBand tone.

Hi psivco

Can you run us through how you're using AT4 in GarageBand please? GB won't be recording the output of AT4, just the clean DI guitar, which it then plays through AT4.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby psivco » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:46 pm

OK I think I know where I am now.

As far as I can see, what you CAN do is to record an AT4 tone (including presets) using AT4 as a plug in in GarageBand, save it and edit it later on your computer that has AT4 installed on it. You can also then turn export this as a finished track, complete with AT4 tone. So that's all fine.

What you can't do, which I was inadvertently trying to do, is to edit the AT4 track in GarageBand on another computer that did not have AT4 installed - and hence all i got was the DI tone on the guitar (which I mistook for a GarageBand tone).

So all seems fine - for now... :D
psivco

Postby garfy » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:13 pm

psivco wrote:What you can't do, which I was inadvertently trying to do, is to edit the AT4 track in GarageBand on another computer that did not have AT4 installed

Correct. GarageBand does have its own amp simulation plugin, but it is no match for AT4.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling