AmpliTube is great software and IK is a great company

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube is great software and IK is a great company

Postby supanorton » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:27 pm

Many of us, myself included, come here when we have a problem we can’t solve. Posts are sometimes made in the heat of frustration, resulting in IK and their products looking worse than they really are. As a guitar player, I’ll post here, but I also own almost all of T-Racks, SampleTank, and I just got Modo Drum. I’ve got an iKlip, an iRig Duo, an iLoud speaker, iRig midi, and the power bridge. I also have a lot of the iOS stuff.

All these products have helped making music more enjoyable and convenient for me. And it all sounds great. When things don’t quite work out, support and the people here on the forum have been “instrumental” in getting me back up and running.

Just a thank you to IK Multimedia and their team for the work you do.

Cheers.
supanorton

Re: AmpliTube is great software and IK is a great company

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:34 pm

Very nice to hear, thank you. I will make sure more at IK hear your words.

My primary instrument is guitar and AmpliTube is what I started with as far as IK products go. It was long before I worked here and it was a dream to get a job almost 11 years ago working on anything music related and more so with products I already loved using. I studied recording and composition in college so T-RackS and the virtual instruments are also no strangers to me and get a ridiculous amount of use.

Sometimes I think familiarity may help in achieving fewer of those frustrating moments, but in general anything "in the box" can suffer from more general issues that are seen often while using computers for anything. Add audio and MIDI interfaces into the mix and it is an understandably complex system which will absolutely be more prone to errors of different sorts.

Anybody who is frustrated - hang in there and spend some time getting to know some of the non-product-specific areas of music production and computing (and the combination of both). The learning curve can be steep (not even getting into the audio learning curve of gain staging, etc) but worth the effort.

And from this old fogey who started learning on analog and the initial transition to digital systems - just be glad you're no longer slicing tape with razor blades!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling