Live Input Monitoring Issue In DAW - No Effect

AmpliTube 4, AmpliTube Custom Shop, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, Ampeg® SVX, Preset XChange, more for Mac/PC

Live Input Monitoring Issue In DAW - No Effect

Postby Al Crouch » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:13 pm

I cannot seem to get any effected sound in my DAW on my armed input track. Works on recorded audio fine. Standalone version works fine. Other plug-ins work fine on input channel in DAW.



Amplitube 4 Max
Presonus Studio One 5 Professional
Fosusrite 2i4 Audio Interface
Windows 10 - 64bit PC
Al Crouch
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:42 am

Re: Live Input Monitoring Issue In DAW - No Effect

Postby Al Crouch » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:46 am

Anyone Else Having this problem?
Al Crouch
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:42 am

Re: Live Input Monitoring Issue In DAW - No Effect

Postby garfy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:01 am

Hello Al Crouch and welcome to the forums.

Al Crouch wrote:I cannot seem to get any effected sound in my DAW on my armed input track.


I'm not a Studio One user myself, but by the looks of the manual you will need to also switch on Software Monitoring, which is the little speaker icon next to the Record Enable button.

Let us know how you get on.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.14.6 Logic 10.5 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy
Moderator
 
Posts: 1314
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Comfy chair, UK

Re: Live Input Monitoring Issue In DAW - No Effect

Postby dlgebert » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:39 pm

Al Crouch wrote:I cannot seem to get any effected sound in my DAW on my armed input track.

Presonus Studio One 5 Professional

I've been using Studio One since version 3. I'm on Studio One 5 with Amplitube 4. When you say "armed input track", are you referring to opening up the mixer and browser in Studio One 5 and dragging the Amplitube 4 plugin into the "Insert" section of your armed track?

That's how I do it and I get the Amplitube 4 processed signal without any problems without touching record. Input monitoring has to be on though.

Thanks- Dave
User avatar
dlgebert
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:51 pm

Re: Live Input Monitoring Issue In DAW - No Effect

Postby Al Crouch » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:58 pm

That is exactly what I am doing. All other plug-in effects seem to behave properly but Amplitube does not affect the sound no matter what changes I make to presets etc. I did find yesterday that any change to any parameter will change the sound only after i select the authorization lock icon at the bottom left? Could this be a corrupt installation or Authorization. ?
Al Crouch
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:42 am

Re: Live Input Monitoring Issue In DAW - No Effect

Postby garfy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:03 pm

Al Crouch wrote:I did find yesterday that any change to any parameter will change the sound only after i select the authorization lock icon at the bottom left? Could this be a corrupt installation or Authorization. ?


This is not expected behaviour, even if the app wasn't authorised correctly. And very weird that it works on already recorded audio but not on live input.

Has it ever worked properly? How long since you installed? Is it the most up to date version?

You could try uninstall/reinstall as well as the usual reboot the machine. In case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw/

Edit: Also, you're definitely not still direct monitoring your AI are you? Sometimes (especially if it's louder) can upset the sound when added to the effected guitar output.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.14.6 Logic 10.5 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy
Moderator
 
Posts: 1314
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Comfy chair, UK

Re: Live Input Monitoring Issue In DAW - No Effect

Postby Al Crouch » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:21 am

Thanks for the response Dave & garfy. It has not worked correctly inside the DAW ever. It works fine in standalone.

I uninstalled and re-installed Amplitube and I am still having the same issue. It seems that any change at all, even a volume change in Amplitube, requires me to click the lock icon which brings up the authorization window. It tells me that the software in fully authorized and functional. When I click close, the pop up window closes and the changes are applied to the output sound to my monitors.

As an insert on a track channel, if I record an audio part and play it back, changes in Amplitube as an insert on that channel works flawlessly. I have software monitoring on and record enabled. I have tried it with input track record enabled, monitor enabled and with both enabled. Other plugin effects work properly on the channel and can be heard in my monitors. Both Amplitube and Studio One are up to date. really confusing?
Al Crouch
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:42 am

Re: Live Input Monitoring Issue In DAW - No Effect

Postby Al Crouch » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:37 am

OK. I found the issue. It is a problem with Presonus Studio One 5 and the Low Latency Monitoring feature. When I deactivate low latency monitoring I get a pretty bad latency of 21ms but Amplitube seems to work normally. very wierd.
Al Crouch
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:42 am

Re: Live Input Monitoring Issue In DAW - No Effect

Postby garfy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:37 am

Al Crouch wrote: It is a problem with Presonus Studio One 5 and the Low Latency Monitoring feature


Ahhhh, that makes sense. I guess (if it's like Logic) it deactivates any plugins that exhibit a latency higher than a certain threshold.

Al Crouch wrote:When I deactivate low latency monitoring I get a pretty bad latency of 21ms but Amplitube seems to work normally.


What buffer size do you have Studio One set to? I'm also assuming you're using the Focusrite ASIO drivers for the best experience?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.14.6 Logic 10.5 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy
Moderator
 
Posts: 1314
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Comfy chair, UK

Re: Live Input Monitoring Issue In DAW - No Effect

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:44 pm

You may want to adjust your audio interface settings since with almost any proper audio interface you should be able to get a round trip latency less than or equivalent to standing 10 feet or less from an actual amplifier (so no difference than what you'd hear/feel playing in real world situations).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 15313
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Live Input Monitoring Issue In DAW - No Effect

Postby Al Crouch » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:46 am

Yes. Using the focusrite asio driver. Dropped buffer size and block size and latency is tolerable. Need to adjust it back after recording though or you get pops,clicks and drop outs
Al Crouch
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:42 am

Re: Live Input Monitoring Issue In DAW - No Effect

Postby garfy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:57 am

Some users experience better results using the 3rd party ASIO4ALL drivers with the smaller Focusrite AI, YMMV.

You may also find that if you put Studio One into low-latency mode but exempt AT4 could give you some benefits.

Al Crouch wrote:Need to adjust it back after recording though or you get pops,clicks and drop outs


Yeah, that's a fairly standard thing to do whatever your machine specs and means you have a smoother mixing experience when you start loading up on plugins.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.14.6 Logic 10.5 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy
Moderator
 
Posts: 1314
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Comfy chair, UK


Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling