Input Device problem

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Input Device problem

Postby Resolutionxh » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:06 am

Gents, I need help. I have Amplitube 4 installed and I also have ASIO4ALL v2 installed on my computer. I want to plug my guitar in my computer and play it through Amplitube 4, I have been able to do that some months ago (I had to format my computer and after that life took me away from guitar from a time and because of that I didn't re-acquired Amplitube and ASIO, until now.). Now, when I open Amplitube Audio MIDI Setup I see the following

Technology : ASiO

INput Device - ASiO4ALL v2 Left CHannel : Not Connected (THis is my problem) Right Channel : Not COnnected ( Also my problem)

Output device : ASiO4ALL v2 Left Channel : High Definition Audio 1 Right Channel : Hih Definition Audio 2 Buffer Size 512 Panel...

MIDI Input - Blank / No Choices

My doubt would be related to this Input Devices not being connected . I've went trough hell and back fiddling with everything I could find related to audio and audio settings to no sucess. I'm connecting the L shaped end of the guitar cable on the back of my computer in a Pink Hole and even changing it to the Green/Blue one doesn't help much either. Thanks in advance for any help provided!
Resolutionxh

Re: Input Device problem

Postby dlgebert » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:33 am

Resolutionxh wrote:I'm connecting the L shaped end of the guitar cable on the back of my computer in a Pink Hole and even changing it to the Green/Blue one doesn't help much either.

The first thing we need to find out is what your audio hardware device is. ASIO4ALL is just a software driver and for some reason it can't connect to the input on your audio hardware. Based on your description, it sounds like you are connecting your guitar cord into the microphone input of a PC sound card. Does your audio device look like this from the back?

Using a PC sound card as your interface for your guitar is not optimal, especially using the microphone input (color coded pink), designed for a web mic, etc. Are you using an adapter of some sort, like a 1/4" female input jack for your guitar cord to a 1/8" male plug that plugs into the pink colored microphone input on the audio device? Do you know if you have an actual sound card, like the one above, or is it an integrated audio device that is built into the PC?

What version of Windows are you using? Do you have a speaker icon on the lower right hand side of your Start Bar next to the date and time? If so, right-click on it and you should see a pop-up menu that lists [Playback Devices] and [Recording Devices]. Click on [Recording Devices] and you should see a "Sound" Window open. In the [Recording] tab, does it tell you what audio device you have?

Once we know what kind of audio device you have, then we can help troubleshoot further.

If you are able, you may want to look at getting a dedicated USB guitar interface like IKM makes. They're made for plugging a guitar into and connecting to your PC via USB.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/index.php?R=INIT&FV=product-type-menu-interfaces&CV=Product&PSEL=Interfaces

Dave
dlgebert

Re: Input Device problem

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:13 pm

Any update on this, OP? The post above mine is correct, it is not optimal to connect via a PC soundcard. Guitars do not output at line level or any type of level that works well with those inputs. You get the optimal results with an audio interface that has a Hi-Z/Instrument input.

My personal favorite for guitar is AXE I/O, because of the general quality and then Z-TONE being an incredible tool for guitar tone shaping and getting the best direct signal into your computer. But we (and others) make a wider range of audio interfaces that have guitar-friendly inputs so there's a wide variety of choices for you in that regard.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling