Working with controllers.... frustrating!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Working with controllers.... frustrating!

Postby scottfa » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:06 am

I have a POD XT that I want to control Amplitube 3.7 I can control Pod Farm and Waves GtR(through jbridge, no less!), and a lite version of Guitar Rig 5 using Studio One V2 and its Control Link, or the internal Midi learn functions. But cannot do this with Amplitube!!!! I have tried this with Sonar and Reaper as well, but not to a very great extent.
It always shows up as Midi learn,waiting......
I think that it might be looking at the wrong midi interface( I have several attached), but I can't seem to direct it to the proper midi source, if that is indeed the problem.
Does anyone have any suggestions before I ditch Amplitube for good?
Thanks.
scottfa

Re: Working with controllers.... frustrating!

Postby brianbane » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:25 am

When you right click on an AmpliTube control, you will see the menu that says Assign Midi > Learn Midi. You can then engage a CC to assign the controller. Is this what you're doing?

If you continue to have trouble, please contact Tech Support and they can see what's going on. Thanks.
brianbane
1K Club

Postby scottfa » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:59 am

That is what I am trying to do! It always reads "waiting....". The other programs can just use the Control Link feature of Studio One where I just move the knob and then link it to my foot controller. If I could assign a parameter to a controller that would be fine but no matter what I do it never sees my controller, or any controller for that matter. I have a BCF2000 it can't read that , or my keyboard controllers, or my Akai wind controller. It just seems like it is looking at different midi input one apparently known only to Amplitube. I assume I am doing something wrong. How do I tell amplitube which midi input to look for?
Thanks!
scottfa

Postby zyzygis » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:32 am

Did you ever get a reply or find out how to do this?
zyzygis

Postby zyzygis » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:22 am

I would really like to have the midi controller mapping issues resolved in all of IK software so that I can use my controller in the standalone apps as well as the plugins ( which also have gui elements without midi functionality).
I have requested this in the features request thread and suggest that others do too.
Hopefully, if enough people request it IK might address the issue.
zyzygis

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:05 pm

The issue OP was having is not global. MIDI mapping works as intended, if you are also having an issue with MIDI learn/mapping, the IK Support team would be happy to assist you and get you up and running with the best possible and normal behavior at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling