Re: AmpliTube Standalone [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Postby kennyc » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:23 pm

When I installed AmpliTube 4 I only installed the VSTs. I have a new guitar coming and now I kind of wish that I had installed the Standalone also so I don't have to go into my DAW every time. Is there a way that I can install just the Standalone? And, if the answer is no, then how do I start over and reinstall everything?

Thanks!
kennyc

Re: AmpliTube Standalone

Postby DarkStar » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:36 pm

Hello kennyc and welcome to the forum.

I think that you can select what to install in the installer (I do not know about what happen in the new Product Manager). But why not re-install the plug-ins too. It will only take a few seconds longer.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby kennyc » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:01 pm

Thanks DarkStar. I have no problems whatsoever in reinstalling, but if you refer to the last part of my original question, ...how do I start over and reinstall everything?

I see nowhere in the IK Product Manager where I can download the install file again. BTW, my products are AmpliTube MAX and AmpliTube 4. All it shows in the Product Manage is (with green check mark) Installed and Authorized. Only other choice would be Unauthorize. So do I have to unathorize my products then reinstall or is there a place I can go to get the install file, as I can not seem to find it anywhere. And...if I do have to unauthorize and then install again is this going to count as another one of my authorizations?
kennyc

Postby Abikis » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:18 pm

If you uninstall the program where it says "installed" in the product manager will change to "install".

Uninstalling gives you the option to keep or delete presets, so you shouldn't have to start fresh if you don't want too.
Abikis

Postby kennyc » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:29 pm

Thank you Abikis,
That worked.

EDIT/UPDATE: Just a FYI, AmpliTube 4 works just fine in my DAW (Reaper). However, after installing the Standalone AT4, when the settings dialog box comes up I selected ASIO for the Technology field, but there was nothing for the Input Device. I have a Clarett 8Pre USB. I was about to give up and just use it in Reaper (which has worked fine for me for years) when I decided if to see if there were any other selections that I could make in the Standalone settings box. I was able to make a selection under the Output Device and picked Focusrite USA ASIO and all was well after that and it self-populated all the fields and now the Input Device shows Focusrite USB ASIO.

Please Mark This Thread As Solved! Thanks!
kennyc

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:20 pm

I think I have read in this forum that selecting the Output device first, as you have done, can resolve the problem. Seems a bit weird, though ;)

------------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling