SVX And product manager not installing on Mac OS 10.9.5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

SVX And product manager not installing on Mac OS 10.9.5

Postby LANishta » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:55 am

Just downloaded the SVX offer and was sooo looking forward to getting the Ampeg models up and running, however I was not able to install the product manager as I am on Mac OS 10.9.5 (and can’t update due to old hardware.) I then tried to install just the SVX install, but again I got an error that the install failed.

Before downloading SVX, I checked the specs and was under the impression that it worked with 10.9.5. So, my question is how to get SVX up and running... and is there a legacy version of the product manager that I could use? If not, what functionality would I lose, assuming there is a way to install SVX at all.

Thanks in advance for your help. I’m stuck with this old Mac system and would love to get into the IK products and SVX. Also, if you could recommend if any of your other products work on OSX 10.9.5 it would really be appreciated. I know there are probably a lot of others dealing with this situation as the new MACs are over the top expensive, and right now updating is not an option.
LANishta

Re: SVX And product manager not installing on Mac OS 10.9.5

Postby DarkStar » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:04 pm

Hello LANista an welcome to the forum.
It certainly should work with 10.9.5

The spec for AmpliTube 4 is:
Mac® (64-bits)
Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 2 GB of RAM (4 GB suggested),
macOS 10.7 or later.

But the IK Product Manager needs v10.10 or later. I guess that you will need to use the Authorization Manager instead.
------------------------------------------
As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling