Super Beginner Question: getting started?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Super Beginner Question: getting started?

Postby AlejandroMaximus » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:10 pm

Hey all

I have mixcraft 9, AmpliTube, and just bought the fender collection 1.

I've been trying to find out how to use the various fender amps within mixcraft. For example, I'll record clean then I want to use the fender amps to model my sound (like how I do with my waves plugins).

How best should I start with this?

(edit - I dont see these in my FX selections, maybe their under some weird name?)

thanks all!
Last edited by AlejandroMaximus on Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlejandroMaximus

Re: Super Beginner Question: getting started?

Postby DarkStar » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:13 pm

Hello AlejandroMaximus and welcome to the forum.

Let's check a few things:
-- have you installed and Authorised AmpliTube ("AT4"?
-- have you Authorised the Fender Collection?
-- did you run the Custom Shop program, log in, go to the AmpliTube section and click [Gear} then select "Restore my gear"?
-- is AmpliTube listed in Mixcraft's FX selection (if not, then make sure the path to the AT4 plug-in is known to Mixcraft).

The gear models do not appear as individual FX in any DAW. Amplitube should be listed and once you add it to a track you will be able to select the gear models within AmpliTube.

Also, check out the AmpliTube User Manual. A PDF was installed when you installed the software. And there is a copy on your User Area.

More to follow after you reply (otherwise we could go off down the wrong track).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling