Controlling Pedals in Amplitube with footswitch

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Controlling Pedals in Amplitube with footswitch

Postby wblevins » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:46 pm

Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere. If thats the case please kindly direct me to the answer.

My rig that Im using in amplitube is as follows:
Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tube Overscream Pedal

I'm trying to get a my midi pedal setup in amplitube where stepping on a midi footswitch will cause two things to happen:

1) the amp channel will change from the "LD" channel on the mesa to the mesa's "R1" channel.
2) the tube overscream pedal will turn off

In other words, I'm trying very hard to simulate toggling between from a massively overdriven sound to a (mostly) clean tone and vice versa etc.

However, I'm running into the following problem when I try to get this set up. Stomping on my midi footpedal will cause the Amp to change channels on the first stomp as expected, but will leave the tube overscream on. That said, the next time I step on the midi footswitch, the amp channel will change but will now be out of sync with the state of the overscream pedal.

Any insight is appreciated (someone must've encountered this before). Please let me know if I can answer any questions.

Thanks!
wblevins

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling