Amplitube with FCB1010

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube with FCB1010

Postby Tidou41 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:10 pm

Hello there,

I try to use Amplitube with the Behringer FCB1010 Midi controller...

I plug it into the AXE io and at this time i can only switch on each preset....

I try to assign a switch for each pedal or for the Wah...and that doesn't work i don't remember exactly but there is something write like no midi signal....

And i use it in another plug in (overloud THU) and i can use it and assign a switch for each pedal effect....except wah...

Please Help
Tidou41

Re: Amplitube with FCB1010

Postby dlgebert » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:23 pm

Tidou41 wrote:I try to assign a switch for each pedal or for the Wah...and that doesn't work i don't remember exactly but there is something write like no midi signal....

I have an AXE I/O and Amplitube 4, but I have a physical VOX wah pedal I use, so I've never tried to connect a 5 pin DIN MIDI cable device to the AXE I/O.

First, I assume you have the AXE I/O connected to your PC/Mac via a USB cable and you can open up the AXE I/O Control panel? The AXE I/O device drivers "expose" an AXE I/O MIDI In and Out port. Those are MIDI ports, not the audio ports. In your DAW or Amplitube 4 standalone program, you should see these AXE I/O device MIDI ports.

In the AXE I/O Control Panel program, there is the "CONTROLLER" tab that allows you to configure the MIDI stuff. I assume you've tried this already, but I thought I'd mention it. You should see controller "CC" messages being passed from the FCB1010 thru the AXE I/O to the "exposed" AXE I/O MIDI devices in your DAW or Amplitube 4 standalone program.

I'd open a support ticket if you've tried all of this stuff already and there's no expression pedal activity coming in to your PC/DAW via the USB cable AXE I/O device MIDI ports.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Tidou41 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:37 pm

dlgebert wrote:
Tidou41 wrote:I try to assign a switch for each pedal or for the Wah...and that doesn't work i don't remember exactly but there is something write like no midi signal....

I have an AXE I/O and Amplitube 4, but I have a physical VOX wah pedal I use, so I've never tried to connect a 5 pin DIN MIDI cable device to the AXE I/O.

First, I assume you have the AXE I/O connected to your PC/Mac via a USB cable and you can open up the AXE I/O Control panel? The AXE I/O device drivers "expose" an AXE I/O MIDI In and Out port. Those are MIDI ports, not the audio ports. In your DAW or Amplitube 4 standalone program, you should see these AXE I/O device MIDI ports.

In the AXE I/O Control Panel program, there is the "CONTROLLER" tab that allows you to configure the MIDI stuff. I assume you've tried this already, but I thought I'd mention it. You should see controller "CC" messages being passed from the FCB1010 thru the AXE I/O to the "exposed" AXE I/O MIDI devices in your DAW or Amplitube 4 standalone program.

I'd open a support ticket if you've tried all of this stuff already and there's no expression pedal activity coming in to your PC/DAW via the USB cable AXE I/O device MIDI ports.

Dave

ok thanks for the answer,i try all the suggestion tomorrow...i have a day off... ;)
Tidou41

Postby Tidou41 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:41 pm

I try everything and that doesn't work...i must find something to understand how to programm this damned FCB1010 :?

If someone as experience with amplitube and FCB1010....you're welcome :lol:
Tidou41

Postby noblekeon » Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:06 am

Nothing I've tried so far has helped...Please help me figure out how to program this terrible FCB1010:?

Please accept my gratitude if you are familiar with both the amplitube and the FCB1010.
noblekeon

Postby s1ygtr » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:51 am

If you are still having problems using your FCB1010 with Amplitube I would recommend taking a look at the FCB1010 user group at https://fcb1010.groups.io/g/main. There are already a lot of messages/posts regarding using the FCB1010 with Amplitube on that site so search the messages.
There are also resources for downloads of GUI interfaces for configuring the midi, and some base configuration files. You may need to join the group to get full access. Overall this is a great resource for all things FCB1010 related, the folks on there are very knowledgeable and helpful.
s1ygtr

Postby DTSoundScapes » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:02 am

You have to setup the fcb1010 to send 0 and 127 velocity in order to turn on and off effects.

Select bank 00 and then press Pedal 1.
Then press the DOWN(ESCAPE) pedal until the green light turns on at switch 2
Then select the 1 pedal again, then press the Enter(UP) pedal
then press the 10 twice to enforce it to be 00 velocity for pedal 1
Then press the 2 pedal and then press enter
then press pedal 1, pedal 2, pedal 7 to enforce 127 velocity for pedal 2
Then hold the enter(or escape not sure which one at the moment, i'm not at my board) again to bring you back out to the main screen where you can pick which bank you want.

Stay on the same 00 bank you just created the "1" patch for. now pedal 1 will turn on and off a pedal by right clicking the switch on the bypass/engage that is used in AmpliTube and choose assign MIDI. WHen it requests midi input, simply press down on the "1" pedal on the fcb1010 and it should assign the bypass to that pedal on the fcb1010

I personally like to setup all midi channels to be the same so I can easily manipulate it in reaper. The MIDI channel is set with pedal "6" when in the same menu as setting the velocities. You simply choose the midi channel the same way you input the velocities(example midi channel 25 would be to press the 6 pedal, press enter, then press the 2 pedal and the 5 pedal and then the enter pedal)
DTSoundScapes

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling