Controlling Amplitube wah effects through a pedal

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Controlling Amplitube wah effects through a pedal

Postby psivco » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:11 pm

Apologies if this query has been answered elsewhere (I couldn't see it) or doesn't entirely make sense, but anyway...

How can you control the amplitube wah effect (whilst playing) by using an actual pedal, instead of on my laptop? I'm thinking of a much lower tech single pedal approach than the Rig Stomp I/O? Is there one?

Just to be clear, I'm talking about using the actual Amplitube wah effect, not just by somehow plugging in a third party pedal which probably wouldn't give the right tone - if you see what I mean?

Thank you!
psivco

Re: Controlling Amplitube wah effects through a pedal

Postby obispojoe » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:23 am

I use a Moog expression pedal ep-3 plugged into a IKM blueboard. It will send Midi to Amplitube running on laptop to control Amplitube wah pedal of your choice via the blueboard. If you do not have a blueboard then you need a way to get midi to your laptop via usb. I use this setup live and it works great.
obispojoe

Re: Controlling Amplitube wah effects through a pedal

Postby psivco » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:01 am

That's very helpful thank you, I'll get a blueboard and use this route. Thanks again.
psivco

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling