Trying to use my old Ensoniq TS-12 to send CC messages

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Trying to use my old Ensoniq TS-12 to send CC messages

Postby jkbarth » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:18 pm

I have old keyboard that has a midi in/out in which I use a converter to usb to hook into a port on my pc. I use Amplitube and am trying to send Control change messages to Amplitube in order to do things like: bypass pedals (ie., turn them on an off) and I cannot figure this out for the life of me. I have my Ensoniq keyboard in Midi mode and when I click on the "learn" in Amplitube to try and set the bypass on a pedal ..all I see is the "red" midi button light up but no CC message is getting set for bypass. Any help is appreciated.
jkbarth

Re: Trying to use my old Ensoniq TS-12 to send CC messages

Postby garfy » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:42 am

Hello jkbarth and welcome to the forums.

On your keyboard, what kind of buttons or switches does it have that should output MIDI CC messages? What are you wanting to set as bypass pedals?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby jkbarth » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:51 pm

I was able to figure this out. I did not have the proper buttons or knobs on my Ensoniq keyboard in order to send the proper CC messages via MIDI. I switched over to my M-Audio Oxygen25 midi controller and it actually has a better assortment of knobs and buttons and sends the proper CC midi messages to use a bypass on my pedals to turn them off and on in Amplitube.
jkbarth

Postby garfy » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:10 pm

Great stuff, glad you've got it sorted.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling