Open projects with A4 on another DAW with A4 free?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Open projects with A4 on another DAW with A4 free?

Postby HowlingUlf » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:49 pm

Hi ppl! :)

So I use Cubase Pro and Amplitube 4 and a buddy uses Cubase Artist and he's a pianist, not a guitarist so I installed Amplitube Free for him ... or for me, pleased don't tell! :oops: :mrgreen:

What we're doing right now is sending project folders back and forth building songs as we go so it would really help if we could just use Amplitube Free at least at the sketching stages. I know we can use VST Amp Rack bundled with both versions of Cubase but ... thanks, no thanks haha! It might seem similar enough but that difference just ruins it for me! :? :cry:

So is there a correct or at least a least painful way for me to add a guitar track in Cubase with A4 and send it over to him so he can open it with his Cubase and Amplitube Free without tearing down the track and rebuild it just to get back to square 1.A.?

I hoped by using presets from the folder I got with Amplitube Free which I kept from an earlier installation on my computer we would be able to open the project on his computer but alas, no luck.

TIA
Total Studio 3.5 MAX
Win10 64 i7 32GB | Cubase Pro 11 | +++
HowlingUlf

Re: Open projects with A4 on another DAW with A4 free?

Postby garfy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:50 pm

HowlingUlf wrote:I hoped by using presets from the folder I got with Amplitube Free which I kept from an earlier installation on my computer we would be able to open the project on his computer but alas, no luck.

Funnily enough, this is how I would have presumed it would work as well, but having never tested it I don't know.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw/

They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby HowlingUlf » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:08 am

Yeah, thanks, but I don't know about a ticket for what's essentially a feature request hehe? :oops:
Maybe tickets are for those who have erased all their presets or can't run the installer from the recycle bin or have Ampplitube crashing on them like little snowballs in a hailstorm while the clients are waiting ... :shock:
Or maybe not?

But is the "shell program" the same for Amplitube 4 and Amplitube Free?
What about a button in A4 you can hit and run it in "free mode" and it will gray out everything that's not in Free, plus act as either one of the version VST in the DAW hosts.
The DAW might as well be agnostic about whether it's A4 or A Free, kind of, right?
Total Studio 3.5 MAX
Win10 64 i7 32GB | Cubase Pro 11 | +++
HowlingUlf

Postby garfy » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:09 pm

HowlingUlf wrote:but I don't know about a ticket for what's essentially a feature request

Tickets to Official Support can be for anything really, especially if it can't be answered easily here. I haven't got systems to check your issue and since no one else has chimed in, a ticket to support will either confirm that you are seeing expected behaviour or, hopefully, that it's not expected and they will give you some assistance to fix it.

HowlingUlf wrote:But is the "shell program" the same for Amplitube 4 and Amplitube Free?

Yep, the program is the same across the various levels (CS, Standard, Deluxe and MAX). It is the serial numbers that 'unlock' content for the user. Like I said, I assumed that as the Free presets had their own folder, it was for differentiation and could be used whatever level you of AT4 you actually own.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling