AmpliTube 4 on pc [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 4 on pc [Resolved]

Postby Scott Viehbeck » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:18 pm

I downloaded the AmpliTube 4and other free software onto my PC and files came as as zip files. I extracted all the files and installed the software on the PC. But I don't see the software anywhere on my PC in order to use it.
I do see my Irig hd 2 on my pc.

What could me wrong here. I hooked up everything to pc and irig device control shows info on it.
Scott Viehbeck

Re: AmpliTube 4 on pc

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:10 pm

When you run the AmpliTube installer, it installs thee products:
-- the AmpliTube 4 ("AT4") standalone program and selected plug-in formats,
-- the Custom Shop standalone program,
-- the Authorization Manager standalone program.

I believe that entries for all three programs are added to the Windows Start / All Program menu. The programs and the plug-ins are installed in their default locations, unless you selected different ones.

The default location for the programs is within "Program Files/IK Multimedia" or "Program Files (x86)/IK Multimedia".

Have a look in the Start Menu for the programs. And do a Search for "AmpliTube" to find the location of the plug-ins. Then, if you are using a DAW, make sure that the plug-in path list in the DAW includes the path to AmpliTube.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Scott Viehbeck » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:56 pm

Thank you. After I had downloaded the zip files to my win 10 pc and extracting them. I did not see them install the files. I then received help stating I need to open the files and then select the installation files to install. I did this and all the files where installed on my computer. It's funny with Windows. I thought during the extraction of the files it would install the files as well.. I guess it doesn't work that way using Windows 10
thank you for your assistance.
Scott Viehbeck

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:14 pm

Good oh :)

Extracting files from a .zip does not usually do anything-else with them. I think that WinRAR has an auto-run feature but I'm not sure; and you would have to be pretty trusting to let that happen.

-------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling