Amp Recommendation for gigging?

AmpliTube 4, AmpliTube Custom Shop, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, Ampeg® SVX, Preset XChange, more for Mac/PC

Amp Recommendation for gigging?

Postby peterswa » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:09 am

Any suggestions for an amp to run the stomp I/O and AmpliTube (pc or iPad) through? I don’t want to run through the pa because our second guitarist will have amp on stage. I’d like mine on stage too for clear sonic separation of the two parts.

I was thinking of a powered speaker (ie an extra mackie that we would otherwise use for a monitor or for the pa).

I have a peavy bandit 112 that I was using which I can just run on the clean channel.

Anyone have some good experience to share?
peterswa

Re: Amp Recommendation for gigging?

Postby beskow » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:07 am

I use a Tech21 Power Engine 1x12 (http://www.tech21nyc.com/archive/pe60/) which gives a very transparent amplification. If I close my eyes, it sounds like playing through a 'real' amp, highly recommended.

/Björn
beskow

Re: Amp Recommendation for gigging?

Postby peterswa » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:40 pm

@beskow,

Thanks for the lead. I looked at the Tech21 Power Engine, but seems to not be readily available in my area.

But that led me down the path of learning about FRFR (full-range, flat-response) speakers. Those are exactly what we need to gig with the Stomp I/O.

I ended up getting a Headrush FRFR-112 used for $200. A good place to start.

Thanks for leading me down this path.

-Peter
peterswa

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling