Super Beginner Question: getting started

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Super Beginner Question: getting started

Postby ragesteel » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:52 am

Hey all

I have mixcraft 9, AmpliTube, and just bought the fender collection 1.

I've been trying to find out how to use the various fender amps within mixcraft. For example, I'll record clean then I want to use the fender amps to model my sound (like how I do with my waves plugins).

How best should I start with this?

(edit - I dont see these in my FX selections, maybe their under some weird name?)

thanks all!
ragesteel

Re: Super Beginner Question: getting started

Postby garfy » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:04 am

Hi ragesteel and welcome to the forum

Can you see AmpliTube 4 in your FX selection? The Fender Collection (as with all AT4 sims) run inside AmpliTube rather than being separate plugins.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby ragesteel » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:11 pm

Hey Garfy

I do not. I'm assuming the plugin name is AmpliTube (or is it another name) within the FX. I did rescan my VST plugins and still not showing.

I also auto scanned for vst/vsti directories and still not showing
I also manually set a target for mixcraft to find it at "E:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 4\AmpliTube 4.exe"
to go to that location and E:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 4\ to see if that would help

note I do have other plugins at c:\programfiles\x86\vst and c:\programfiles\vst not sure if that matters

thanks!
ragesteel

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:48 pm

The .exe file is the standalone AmpliTube 4 ("AT4") program not the plug-in. So you should not put that for (or its parent) in the Mixcraft plug-in scan list.

I think that the AT4 installer has a stage where you can select the plug-in formats to be installed, then later another where you pick the location for the plug-ins. Here's the equivalent from a T-RackS install:

Anyway, do a Search of your disks for "AmpliTube" (without the quotes) to find the AT4 plug-in(s). Then add that path into Mixcraft.

AmpliTube will appear with that name in Mixcraft.

NB: AT4 is a 64-bit standalone program and plug-ins. Is your version of Mixcraft 64-bit?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling