Authorization problem

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Authorization problem

Postby kulrich999 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:32 pm

Hey everybody I'm a newbie here, even though my license is from 2008 or so. 8-)
Here is my problem: I haven't used my amplitube for a few years, but now I want to use it a little bit more. Also I am on a different computer (MacMini) since back in the day. So I downloaded the authorizer and used it, it says, I can now use it on this computer, but I still need an activation code. So I find one from october 2013 in my account, but when I am trying to put it in I am accused of a typing error in a only four digit section everytime. Ok, there is an "O" (letter) in it, wich could also be a number zero. But I tried every combi, nothing works. Any idea ?
By the way, I freezed my studio computer at OS 10.08.5 and Pro Tools 10, I don't think, that matters actually, or does it ? thanx for any help

Kai
kulrich999

Re: Authorization problem

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:15 pm

You need to use the Serial Number (which does not have a 4 character segment), not the Digital Id or Authorisation Code (both of which do have 4 character segments).

The best thing to do is copy the Serial Number from the AmpliTube entry in your User Area / My Products page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/

Also, please see Faq #9: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?search=authorization

Click "Why is the Authorization Manager rejecting my Serial Number?"

Which version of AmpliTube are you using?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby kulrich999 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:03 pm

Hi dark star, thanx for your reply. However there seems to be a misunderstanding. The authorization manager, that I downloaded, wanted the serial number and that all worked fine. But when I open up AmpliTube in Pro Tools (where do I look for the version ?) there is another window asking for my authorization code (can I attach screenshots somehow ?). And I can find that code in my registered products and on that screen it is also almost pre filled in, but in the third section (which is indeed a 4 digit one) there must be a mistake.
kulrich999

Postby kulrich999 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:13 pm

Ok , I think I worked it out, it says AmpliTube 1x LE, so it is simply too old and discontinued, seems like I can't re-register it and there seems to be no available update. What would you recommend ?
kulrich999

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:47 pm

From https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/authorizationmanager/ :
Products not supported by the Authorization Manager:

AmpliTube ver 1.x
AmpliTube LE ver. 1.x
SampleTank ver. 1.x
SampleTank 2 SE
T-RackS 24
T-RackS Standalone ver. 1.x
All T-RackS Plug-Ins ver. 1.x

If you need to register/authorize one of these product just click https://www.ikmultimedia.com/registration/.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby kulrich999 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:01 pm

Right, I followed that link and it worked well. But then, when I opened Amplitube in PT, the authorisation wizard came on again and I followed the steps but it when it came to "register online", the link led to "page not found". Then I looked for the register page myself, but that still satisfy the "authorisation wizard" ;-) anything else, I could do ?
kulrich999

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:32 pm

When you enter the Serial Number and Digital id, don't you get an Authorisation Code? ON the page or in an email or in your User Area / My Products? When you find it can be it pasted into the window in AT1?

If you're stuck the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please allow some more time
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby kulrich999 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:50 am

Allright, thanx
kulrich999

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling