Thumbs down on AmpliTube 4 - July 4th sale

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Thumbs down on AmpliTube 4 - July 4th sale

Postby wrtrsngr » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:12 pm

As far as I can see, taking advantage of the July 4th promo for AmpliTube 4 is a complete rip-off. After purchasing and installing it, I see nothing new in comparison to the V3 I already had. No new amp models available (without additional purchase), same interface, etc.

I'll be happy to be corrected, but otherwise, shame on you IK for taking more of my money and giving nothing in return. :x
wrtrsngr

Re: Thumbs down on AmpliTube 4 - July 4th sale

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:53 pm

The AT4 sale is not primarily intended for those with AT3. It is a very attractive offering to anyone who wants to get started with such products and for those with competing products from other developers.

AT4 does offer some new gear models compared with AT3, I count about 12. MAybe thet can be bought individually in AT3, I do not know.

Also, I do not see how IK Multimedia is taking more of your money. No-one is forcing you to buy it.

-------------
PS If you wish you can install AmpliTube 4 Custom Shop and use all of your AT3 gear models in it.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:23 am

I'm pretty sure there are some widespread changes to AT4 compared to AT3.

The newest Marshall emulations are not available in the Custom Shop, only in AT4.
The 6 cab rooms, with 3D mic movement.
Ability to swap individual speakers in cabs
Use rack effects as stomps and stomps as rack effects.

and that's off the top of my head. It's been so long since I used AT3 that I can't remember what it was like. For the current sale price you could barely buy 2 real guitar cables!

But as DarkStar says, you don't have to buy it.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:15 pm

There's a clear indication on the web page (linked also from the news about the promo) of what is in AmpliTube 4 gear-wise that is not in AmpliTube 3 (on top of the improved underlying engine and features). If you didn't find this information you can find it here (but it is also on the main AmpliTube 4 web page): https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... php?p=gear

Conveniently it is listed under the heading "New gear models included into AmpliTube 4"

The $/€39.99 Krazy Deal is an objectively great deal for what you get regardless of having previous versions of AmpliTube. But as stated above, nobody is forcing anybody into it regardless.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling