Computer upgrade with Amplitube 4 in mind

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Computer upgrade with Amplitube 4 in mind

Postby pjcass1981 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:34 pm

So I’m in need of a new computer. Sticking with a MacBook due to other software I have.
My question pertains to the prioritizing of multi-core power vs single-core power. Some of the new MacBooks trounce others when it comes to single-core performance but are not quite as powerful for multi-core performance as others.

When it comes to Amplitube, stand-alone or in the DAW, is single-core performance a higher priority if I am looking for lowest possible latency and running it at 96k? Or does Amplitube harness multiple cores to avoid sputtering at low latency and something higher like 96k?

Any advice or knowledge on the subject would be appreciated. Thanks.
pjcass1981

Re: Computer upgrade with Amplitube 4 in mind

Postby garfy » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:13 am

Hi pjcass1981

I'm pretty sure that AT4 is at the mercy of whatever DAW you use and how it addresses cores/threads for plugins.

As for standalone, I would suggest asking IK Support by opening a ticket incase no one else chimes in with an answer. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling