Amplitube 4 not recognizing input, iRigHD2 [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 not recognizing input, iRigHD2 [Resolved]

Postby Kinketsu » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:39 am

Greetings,

Finally made some time to play around with iRig HD2 that I purchased some time ago, with the bundled Amplitube 4.

And I've hit an immediate snag: I can't get Amplitube to take input from the iRig HD2. No matter what settings I try, the "Input Level" in AmpliTube shows no input (i.e. is completely blank, no recognition that a signal is arriving).

Details:
* Windows 10 Pro, on a beefy 8700k processor, 16GB of RAM.
* Uninstalled everything (iRig HD2 drivers and Amplitube), installed latest, rebooted.

Some verifications:
* I can successfully record using the iRig HD2 into Reaper with no problem.
* In Reaper, I can successfully apply VSTs (other than Amplitube) to the incoming signal with no problem, and live monitor them.

Amplitube configuration:
* In Amplitube 4, Audio MIDI Setup, chose Technology "ASIO", Output device "iRig Device", Input Device "iRig Device".
* For testing purposes, have chosen "Default" preset in Amplitube.

Issues:
* Amplitube 4 standalone does not show any input ... "Input Level" indicator reads zero (is blank, no bars).
* Amplitube 4 VST in Reaper also does not show any input ... "Input Level" indicator reads zero (is blank, no bars).

Since the hardware is verified working by substituting other software tools, I can only conclude it's an Amplitube issue. However, I'm completely baffled what I've missed in configuring Amplitube.

Any ideas? Will be most grateful for any insights into this!

Thanks,
K
Last edited by Kinketsu on Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinketsu

Re: Amplitube 4 not recognizing input from iRig HD2

Postby Kinketsu » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:03 pm

I found the solution in this post:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24656

I removed the Amplitube 4 folder from this folder:
C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\IK Multimedia

and then started up Amplitube again while the iRig HD2 was plugged in. There were a couple of complaints from Amplitube as it started up, but this time when I configured the audio, it recognized the signal.

It's a mystery what was wrong, but at least it's working now.

K
Kinketsu

Re: Amplitube 4 not recognizing input, iRigHD2 [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:09 pm

Well done for getting it sorted out.

It would be worth passing your resolution of the problem onto Technical Support as that sort of activity by users should not be necessary.

----------------------------
As this thread has been resolved by the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling