amplitube custom shop + scarlett 2i2 and latency

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

amplitube custom shop + scarlett 2i2 and latency

Postby jimmyonions125@gmail.com » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:50 pm

Hi all,

There are a number of posts touching on this subject but none of them quite sort the issue out for me.
I am using a focusrite scarlett 2i2 guitar interface. Have previously used guitar rig 5 vst with no problem what so ever, but to be honest I thought the sounds were a bit limited.

Note, am using Windows 10.

So am trying the amplitube custom shop for a change, and am having appalling latency issues. Its unusuable at the moment, even stand alone.

I have reduced the buffer size on the focusrite control to low, e.g. 41 ish. The buffer size on the amplitube is set to the lowest value of 256. Still no different.

One thing that does puzzle me is on the 'audio midi set up', 'technology' drop down on amplitube I have three options. Direct sound, windows audio (exclusive mode) and ASIO.

The only one that works for me is windows audio

Direct Sound just gives noise and selection of ASIO gives a windows error saying 'cannot initialise audio device'.

This is not a subtle fiddling with buffer size problem, I am doing something fundamentally wrong here. I feel its related to the ASIO option above. Recall, guitar rig 5 worked straight out of the box, no tweaking at all.
Any help appreciated...cheers.

This is not a
jimmyonions125@gmail.com

Re: amplitube custom shop + scarlett 2i2 and latency

Postby jimmyonions125@gmail.com » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:10 pm

ok, update.
I think this is entirely a midi input issue.

I have just checked the midi settings when using guitar rig 5, and it gives the focusrite ASIO as a driver option. Like I said, works just fine.

Amplitube doesnt appear to find the focusrite ASIO driver, just an 'ASIO' option, which when selected doesnt appear to find anything.

Clearly the focusrite and amplitube are not quite reading each other.

Any suggestions more than welcome.
Cheers
jimmyonions125@gmail.com

Postby Shai`tan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:36 pm

I hope you get this resolved. This is why I didn`t buy Amplitube 4 yet. I have a Scartlet Solo.... and am as well on Windows 10. It boggles the mind how my buddies on Mac have absolutely no problems..... but us Windows guys .... well.... we seem to be forced to do the ASIO Driver dance of death. lol
Shai`tan

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:43 pm

Shai`tan wrote:I hope you get this resolved. This is why I didn`t buy Amplitube 4 yet. I have a Scartlet Solo.... and am as well on Windows 10. It boggles the mind how my buddies on Mac have absolutely no problems..... but us Windows guys .... well.... we seem to be forced to do the ASIO Driver dance of death. lol

If your interface is not being seen for some reason within AmpliTube you should reach out to IK Support for direct and official tech support. I'm sure they can resolve the issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling