AmpliTube / ASIO was not working [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube / ASIO was not working [Resolved]

Postby xargxarg » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:53 am

Had an issue, where I started the Amplitube standalone without the audio interface on, and it no longer worked with the ASIO interface. I deleted the user/me/appdata/Roaming/IK Multimedia/stuff and it works again. Now I just need to find a manual to know what I'm doing.

Feel free to delete this, thanks.
xargxarg

Re: Problem fixed, deleted appdata

Postby garfy » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:41 am

hello xargxarg and welcome to the forum.

User manuals should be installed with the app, but I'm not sure where they go on Windows. @Darkstar or @Peter_IK might chime in with that information soon. But, they can be found in your User Area under 'Download Resources' next to whatever products you have.

I'll leave your post here incase it helps other users in the future.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:59 pm

IK Multimedia FAQs wrote:Where can I locate my product manual?
Once your product is Registered, you can view/download the User Manual from your User Area > My Products > product name > PDF Manuals.

A .pdf manual is installed during installation of the software itself. You will find this manual stored on your hard drive in the locations below:

For Mac:
Mac HD > Library > Documentation > IK Multimedia > (product name) >
Note that with later versions of Mac OS X there are two Library folders. Please be sure you are looking in the correct one at the root of your hard drive, not under your user directory.

For PC:
C: > Program Files > IK Multimedia > (product name) >
or
C: > Program Files (x86)> IK Multimedia > (product name) >
On Windows, there should also be a shortcut in [Start Menu] >> All Programs >> IK Multimedia >> ...

The user manuals do not cover deleting anything in AppData. It is much better to conteact Technical Support is such cases.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby xargxarg » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:22 pm

Great, I found all the manuals, and they are very good. I can't wait to read them.

Thanks a lot. This is not a problem any more, and if I could have figure out how to delete the post, I would have. Thanks for replying! :D
xargxarg

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:29 pm

Good oh :) We keep the threads as they may helps others.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling