Amplitube IOS vs Mac Amps Missing Help!?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube IOS vs Mac Amps Missing Help!?

Postby keiranf » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:42 am

Hi I am sure the answer is here somewhere but I can’t find it. I have Amplitube 4 Delux on the Mac and have various amps etc that I want to use when live via my phone, but the iPhone version seems to want me to buy them again. I have tried restore purchases etc? Any suggestions. As an example I’m trying to get the Brit amps unlocked eg 800 series or JMP1 preAmp. Please tell me you don’t have to buy them twice ...! Thanks anyone who can help !!
keiranf

Re: Amplitube IOS vs Mac Amps Missing Help!?

Postby garfy » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:24 pm

Hi keiranf

The iOS and macOS version of AmpliTube are two separate apps and does not share common content or presets I'm afraid.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby keiranf » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:06 pm

Hi, and thanks for response. I get it if the full version has more complex Components etc Eg rack gear, but the acoustic sim stomp is in both Mac and iOS versions in Mac version Ive got it, in iOS i have to pay again - same for the Marshall clones 800 etc? Seems a bit of a rip off to have to pay twice (or 3 times if you want to use on ipad or phone as well as Mac?).

I may revert back to Boss GT series at least its all there in one place and you can back up/share with fellow band members etc. And the expression pedal can be used as a volume control without needing to take your laptop to a gig...
keiranf

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:20 pm

[Just my opinion, I do not speak for IK Multimedia.]

It is not a rip-off at all. After all you are getting a licence to run the gear on an additional platform. The Mac/PC and iOS gear models are different, separate products and do not (as far as I know) share an extensive code base.

Imagine if IK Multimedia bundled iOS (and Android) editions into the Mac/PC gear. IKM would have to increase the price too, to cover the additional costs. But there would then be cries of outrage from those who do not use IOS or Android.

Segmentation of market and separate pricing seems the right approach to me.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby keiranf » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:27 pm

My misunderstanding then. I bought the stomp io as I wanted something that let me tweak the sounds at home before going out and playing live (if we ever can again). I didn’t realize that whilst it advertises as coming with AmpliTube delux what I really needed was a more extensive version of the iOS version of amplitube to get benefit of the fuller sounds live, or buy stomp boxes Twice (like acoustic sim) to use with Laptop for recording and live via phone/iPad.

Just feels “wrong” to buy a bit of software from same company twice, given the intention of the stomp io is to integrate studio/live. In future I will make sure any additions I buy are on iOS version, then I know I can use at a gig. Or I’ll just revert to taking the old real Marshall stack (if my back can take it!) :D
keiranf

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:50 pm

It's not the same software. We do have a FAQ entry that answers this question: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1185
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling