Dry Signal Coming Through with Amp Off (not the interface)?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Dry Signal Coming Through with Amp Off (not the interface)?

Postby MateoAnthony » Sun May 31, 2020 3:15 pm

This is so strange, and i hope osmeone can help. I've been trying to figure out why my amplitube sound kind of weird and not much like an actual amplifier, so as i was messing with stuff, i realized when i turn the "amp" off in amplitube, i still get dry signal. (using AT4 stand alone btw)

i did some googling and found 2 issues that normallyt cause this, neither of which i'm experienging.
1) direct monitoring on my Scarlett 2i4 (it's 99% not likely this because i'm all the way on "playback" on my interface, and when i close amplitube it stops)
2) the "DI" setting in the cab page. this is all the way down and muted. Still the sound comes through when i turn off the "amp"

now when i press mute, or turn off the record button, it stops. i'm at a loss here. Can someone help me figure this out? is there direct monitoring within amplitube that i can't find?
MateoAnthony

Re: Dry Signal Coming Through with Amp Off (not the interfac

Postby garfy » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:34 pm

Hello MateoAnthony and welcome to the forums.

This is expected behaviour if you just turn off the amp module. It is like this so anyone wanting to route an external amplifier emulation, bypassing the AT4 amp, into the cab room section can do so. What you're hearing is the signal going into the cab and onward into the virtual mics.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling