Amplitube 4 poor audio quality at playback

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 poor audio quality at playback

Postby FiveFingers » Thu May 28, 2020 4:14 am

Hi all. About 2 weeks ago all my guitar part recorded using Amplitube 4 started to playback with lack of tone with no brightness. It sounds like the dry guitar signal is in the mix even with the DI fader at -inf and the audio file is then useless. Once this happens no amount of re-recording or EQ can fix it. Has anyone got any ideas - please? My current project has come to a standstill. DAW: Live 10, Interface: Focusrite 2i2
FiveFingers

Re: Amplitube 4 poor audio quality at playback

Postby garfy » Sat May 30, 2020 3:13 pm

Hello FiveFingers and welcome to the forums.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby FiveFingers » Sat May 30, 2020 11:49 pm

Thanks. That would be nice if support ever replied. I have raised a ticket with no response for over a week now. I need to fix this ASAP. IK support is hopeless :|
And, as this a user forum, why would I not reach out to other users who may have had the same issue? I can't get support so I have reached out
FiveFingers

Postby garfy » Sun May 31, 2020 10:50 am

Sorry your problems persist.

Like I said
garfy wrote:in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution,

so it's good you've opened a ticket already. Bear in mind that, if others have had the same issues, the reason for its cause may not be the same.

Please review the rules regarding posting here after setting up a ticket, in particular #1, #2 and #3. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505"

Official Support have been inundated with support queries and during the current situation it is not surprising that the reply time is taking longer than usual.

In the meantime, off the top of my head, you could try these two fault finding tasks.
1) Totally mute the channel in Ableton. If you can still hear your dry guitar signal then there is a routing issue outside of AT4.

2) Duplicate your dry guitar recording onto a blank new channel in Ableton and instantiate a new default AmpliTube instance. Does that still exhibit the same fault? If not then try to save the preset from your original instance and open it in this new one. Does that still exhibit the same fault?

Let us know how you get on.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby FiveFingers » Sun May 31, 2020 11:07 pm

Thanks for the diagnostic ideas.
FiveFingers

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling