Latency on Standalone WIN10

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Latency on Standalone WIN10

Postby lwperreault » Tue May 26, 2020 7:24 pm

hey folks, new user here. I've tried 2 different interfaces (Mackie Big Knob studio, and AXE I/o). Both units have a much larger latency no matter what the buffer settings are when I am using the stand alone version. There is virtually no latency when I run it as a vst under Cubase 10 pro. Another odd thing is I can't play along to youtube videos in the stand alone unit, it won't let another application use the driver. Perhaps the same issue, perhaps different.
Other than that the tones i'm getting are amazing!!! Glad to be rid of my HDbean that I had.
Cheers, Lucius
lwperreault

Re: Latency on Standalone WIN10

Postby cybermaster » Wed May 27, 2020 2:50 am

Are you using the same driver in Cubase that you use when in standalone? From my experience, the same driver with same settings should be getting the same latency. Are you using the ASIO drivers? That's usually what gives the best latency in most cases, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were the default choice in Cubase.
cybermaster

Re: Latency on Standalone WIN10

Postby lwperreault » Wed May 27, 2020 3:56 am

Yup, same drivers (one for mackie and one for Axe I/o). Both react in the exact same manner, more latency on the stand alone program than with Cubase. I could try re-installing the program I suppose. Cheers, Lucius
lwperreault

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling