AmpliTube 4 Factory Presets

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 4 Factory Presets

Postby BrianCadoret » Mon May 25, 2020 6:30 pm

Hi,

I know this has been asked many times before and is a bit of a bug bear.
Is there any way that the preset browser factory presets and amps that you don't own be deleted totally ,forever, gone and if so how.
Ya or Nay

Brian
BrianCadoret

Re: AmpliTube 4 Factory Presets

Postby garfy » Mon May 25, 2020 6:50 pm

Hey Brian

Well, yes, there is a way but it comes with some caveats. I don't know where they are in Windows, but on a Mac if you go to User/Documents/IK Multimedia/AmpliTube 4/Presets, all of the main presets reside there and can be deleted. I've never done it, so I don't know what it does in the main app.

If you wanted to try I would suggest moving the presets out of that folder and backing them up, just in case it does something horrible - you could then move them back in.

Caveats:
1) If you consequently trialed or bought new gear from the Custom Shop, the presets would not be re-installed unless you moved them back manually. A bit laborious if you'd bought one of the bigger gear collections.
2) The next time you updated the app, the presets would be reapplied and you'd have to go through the process again.
3) This is not a procedure that has been approved by IKM - you do it at your own risk.

This issue has been discussed at great length by users and requested countless times in the Official IK AT4 Wishlist thread. However, nothing official has been forthcoming as to whether future updates will allow a user controlled experience of preset browsing.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby BrianCadoret » Tue May 26, 2020 1:53 pm

Hi garfy,

Thanks for your reply it's appreciated. I did try what you suggest last night but unfortunately it still doesn't delete the factory presets from the 'preset browser'.
Other than the free part of AmpliTube I have the Fender collection so would like to view only those presets, any presets I have tweaked I can still save in my custom folder.

Brian
BrianCadoret

Postby Abikis » Tue May 26, 2020 5:19 pm

If you deleted them and you still see them in the preset browser you just need to click refresh.
Abikis

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling