Anyone use Amplitube as a DAW plugin?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Anyone use Amplitube as a DAW plugin?

Postby rakeshvenkat » Tue May 19, 2020 8:42 am

I use Amplitube to record some scratch tracks at home, and when doing so, I use it in Logic Pro (either 9 or X). There seems to be a huge difference when using it as a plugin vs standalone though. For instance, when choosing a high-gain preset like a Metallica clone, it sounds weaker or much less saturated in Logic, and I have to add gain to make it sound like what one would expect from a Metallica high-gain preset. The same preset is fine without any adjustments when Amplitube is run in standalone mode. Does anyone else find this?

Last edited by rakeshvenkat on Wed May 20, 2020 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
rakeshvenkat

Re: Anyone use Amplitube as a DAW plugin?

Postby DarkStar » Tue May 19, 2020 10:29 am

Hello rakeshvenkatand welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the differences you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

Have a close look at the levels going into and out of AmpliTube, both for the standalone program and in Logic Pro. it may well be that Logic pro is set to different levels which would affect the behaviour of AT4.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby cybermaster » Sat May 23, 2020 2:02 am

I use Amplitube as a plugin with Samplitude Pro X4 and I don't notice any difference with the sound.

I completely agree with Dark Star's suggestion that you should check the levels within Logic to see if they're the same or not. If not, it seems to me it wouldn't be a big deal to bump up the input levels to compensate.
cybermaster

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 23, 2020 12:49 pm

Thread locked -several suspicious links were added to the original post on May 20.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling