Loud crash spike from AmpliTube (on video)

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Loud crash spike from AmpliTube (on video)

Postby simusio » Sat May 16, 2020 9:27 am

Hi Folks!

I'm having a problem with AmpliTube - I tried searching for the issue it but couldn't find anything

I get an extremely loud crash from the AmpliTube plugin which is horrible - it takes my ears off (using headphones) and is much louder than anything else on that channel.
It happens when nothing is plugged in, it happens when I switch sound cards, it also just happens randomly every 10 minutes or so.
No other plugin on my setup does this and there is nothing on the channel before it.

view a video of it on youtube here https://youtu.be/xHXGP2I9tx8

I am on Mac 10.13.6, running Cubase 9.5.50, AmpliTube it 4.9.1, Everything is the latest version.

I am currently teaching guitar over zoom and performing over various platforms so this has now make AmpliTube completely unreliable/unusable - if someone else is listening through headphones it might damage their ears!!

On a second note - because I'm not in the studio I'm using headphones, is there a plugin that will mute a channel if it spikes like this?... to save my ears..

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!!
simusio

Re: Loud crash spike from AmpliTube (on video)

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 16, 2020 12:52 pm

Hello simusio and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please cut them some slack.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Loud crash spike from AmpliTube (on video)

Postby dlgebert » Sat May 16, 2020 7:25 pm

simusio wrote:I get an extremely loud crash from the AmpliTube plugin which is horrible - it takes my ears off (using headphones) and is much louder than anything else on that channel.

That's sounds like purposefully created noise and whenever I hear that it's happening "every X" seconds, minutes, etc., then that points to purposeful timing, which is usually part of a programmed timer of some sort.

With that in mind, I reviewed the Custom Shop user guide and found the following under "Chapter 6 – Trying Gear"

Custom Shop User Guide wrote:NOTE: You must have the Custom Shop window open in order to try out the various gear models. If the Custom Shop window is not open, the gear model will emit a noise every few seconds. This is only the case for models that you are trying out. Once you have purchased a gear model, you do not need to have the Custom Shop window open.

Is this gear that you have not purchased and are trying out? If you own this gear, definitely raise a ticket.

Dave
dlgebert

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling