Amplitube 4 via Axe I/O: Standalone = Sound, DAW = No Sound?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 via Axe I/O: Standalone = Sound, DAW = No Sound?

Postby Thrashmetl » Thu May 07, 2020 6:34 am

So I just took delivery of an Axe I/O last week and installed Amplitube Max. I’m running a brand new MacBook Pro on Catalina. Amplitube sounds great running standalone, but when I open it up in Logic I get nothing. Yes, I changed the audio in and out to the Axe I/O, but I get no sound.

I’m sure it’s something simple, but I can’t figure it out. Any thoughts?
Thrashmetl

Re: Amplitube 4 via Axe I/O: Standalone = Sound, DAW = No So

Postby garfy » Thu May 07, 2020 8:15 am

Hi Thrashmetl

Confirm in Preferences>Audio>General that Software Monitoring is checked and that the Input Monitoring "I" is switched on at the bottom of the channel.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Thrashmetl » Sat May 09, 2020 7:28 am

I was finally able to go in and check and yes, software monitoring is checked and input monitoring seems to be turned on although I’m not sure what you mean by the “I” icon at the bottom of the track. I right clicked on the track, went down to track header components, and Input Monitoring is checked there. Is there somewhere else I should be looking or that the arm thing? If so, what else could be wrong? I’m still getting no input signal in Logic.
Thrashmetl

Postby garfy » Sat May 09, 2020 9:00 am

Hey Thrashmetl

Thrashmetl wrote:I’m not sure what you mean by the “I” icon at the bottom of the track

This one. It makes the specific track's input monitor active.

https://i.imgur.com/mYMpYdF.png

If that is armed and your Input on the track is the correct channel on the AXE I/O, then there should be no obvious reason why you aren't getting input, if you have set up the AXE I/O correctly as the AI in Logic's preferences. Maybe set up a new empty track without AT4 just to rule out an error there and try again.

If still no good, at that point it's probably best to open a ticket with IKM Official Support here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

Let us know how you get on.
garfy

Postby Thrashmetl » Sat May 09, 2020 9:14 am

I should warn you, I’m new to Logic and all this stuff in general so be patient. I don’t have those two icons the “I” and the “R” at the bottom there. What am I missing?
Thrashmetl

Postby garfy » Sat May 09, 2020 10:07 am

Thrashmetl wrote:I’m new to Logic and all this stuff in general so be patient

Patience is my speciality (most of the time) :D

Thrashmetl wrote:I don’t have those two icons the “I” and the “R” at the bottom there. What am I missing?

It sounds like you may have added an Instrument track instead of an Audio track.

1) In the menu bar at the top of Logic, click Track>New Track.
2) In the dialog box, check that Audio is highlighted and that Input 1 is selected under Audio Input (assuming that is the input on the AXE I/O where you have your guitar plugged into).
3) You should now see a track in the Tracks window and channel appear in the mixer called Audio 1, similar to the previous image.
4) Click on the "I" and see if your guitar input is now showing signal. If it is, instantiate AT4 in the Audio FX box on the channel. You should now hear your guitar being processed through the amps etc.

Let us know if that does the trick.
garfy

Postby Thrashmetl » Sun May 10, 2020 3:12 am

Awesome! That was it, thanks for your patience.
Thrashmetl

Postby garfy » Sun May 10, 2020 9:25 am

Great stuff, glad to have helped.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling