AmpliTube dedicated setup (custom built "amp head")

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube dedicated setup (custom built "amp head")

Postby dacodo » Wed May 06, 2020 10:32 pm

So I’m starting a project... basically i’m building a small dedicated speaker cab for my irig and AmpliTube.

I’m picking out my drivers and I got to wondering.... is AmpliTube expecting to be played through a guitar speaker that will have a noticeable peak around 1.5-3.5k? Or something with a flat response curve like studio monitors? (And it is boosting certain frequencies to try to compensate)

I know I’m over thinking this but I’m just curious....
Last edited by dacodo on Sat May 30, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dacodo

Re: AmpliTubes expected output - nerd talk

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 06, 2020 11:44 pm

dacodo wrote:...is AmpliTube expecting to be played through a guitar speaker that will have a noticeable peak around 1.5-3.5k? Or something with a flat response curve like studio monitors? (And it is boosting certain frequencies to try to compensate)

Since AmpliTube is emulating the whole chain including the speaker cabinet, you would want to use a full range speaker. The sound is already imbued with coloration from the emulated gear including the speaker/cab so you would not want to further color the sound or limit the frequency range.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dacodo » Thu May 07, 2020 12:32 am

Thanks!!! That is what this thought progression had led me to as well.
dacodo

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 07, 2020 2:30 am

dacodo wrote:Thanks!!! That is what this thought progression had led me to as well.

No problem. Sounds like you were leaning that way from your post, glad you got there :D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dacodo » Sat May 30, 2020 1:53 pm

Finished up my little project.... Went with the Celestion eight 15's .... maybe not quite as accurate as using a full range driver in this case but it means I can use my cab with regular guitar amps head as well (currently it's wired stereo, but with 30seconds i can swap it to a 16ohm series wired cab).

dacodo

Re: AmpliTube dedicated setup (custom built "amp head")

Postby garfy » Sat May 30, 2020 2:57 pm

That is very cool dacodo.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling