IRig/AmpliTube sound randomly cuts out (Windows 10 , VBCable

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

IRig/AmpliTube sound randomly cuts out (Windows 10 , VBCable

Postby Guillaume ML » Fri May 01, 2020 9:27 am

Hi everyone,
I’ve recently bought an i Rig HD 2 and I am experiencing huge troubles with it.
Using this with a PC is far mor complicated that with an Apple device. So I dug into the website and found this topic : https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1236
I did all that is suggested (VB Cable, Asio4All, click on « Panel », input 1, 2, etc.) and after several hours I managed to make it work.
I can now hear my bass and YouTube or Spotify in the same headphones (plugged into my iRig) and play along with music.
But if i add a pedal to my gear or if I change amps several times in a row, all the sounds (input 1 & 2) cut out !
Sometimes it also disappears only if I pause my YouTube video or if I rewind it… (less problem with Spotify, I don’t know why…)
Sometimes it cuts out while I play my Bass playing or even when I do nothing.
No sound but the green jauges still move with the still playing yet inaudible music.
The solution I find to get the sound back is to play around with some buttons : change « Buffer size » from 128 to 256 then immediatly go back on 128 or change « Technology » : from ASIO to Direct Sound and then directly back to ASIO.
Sometimes the sound only cuts out for a few seconds several times in a row and reappears. It’s anoying, mostly when I am in a « recording session ».
About that, when I listen to a piece I’ve just recorded and experienced trouble with sound that cuts out, it’s like there’s a « hole » in the recording.
I will try to visualy explain it : please consider the figures below as mesures I play. If the sound cuts out when I play (for example) mesures 4 and 5 it gives me this :
recording session : 1 2 3 (4 5 cuts out) 6 7
when I listen to what i’ve just recorded : 1 2 3 6 7 and not 1 2 3 X X 6 7
(you can see there’s a missing part, the one I played when sound cut out… I don’t know if it’s clear)
I’ve checked all my cables and connexions and everything seems to be fine (i’ve tried several USB/mini-USB cables).
As you guys can guess I really really (x 10) need your help on this as I am starting to go insane with this nevertheless fantastic product.
I've downloaded the latest driver following advices of IK support and it's even worse : my iRig doesn't even appear on my screen when I try to choose input or output left/right channels and as a consequence, my Bass sound isn't recognized by the iRig and by AmpliTube
Thanks a lot for your help
G
Guillaume ML

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling