Blues Breaker amp sim

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Blues Breaker amp sim

Postby Armed2theTeeth » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:40 am

Hey IK and forum friends. What amplifer / cab combo's could I use that to get me close to a bluesbreaker?

Armed2theTeeth

Re: Blues Breaker amp sim

Postby cybermaster » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:44 am

The Bluesbreaker is a JTM45 in a 2x12 combo. The "JH Gold" model is JTM45 one, so you could start with that paired to a 2x12 open back with Celestion speakers (not sure which model were in the original, but you could start with Greenbacks and go from there).
cybermaster

Postby Armed2theTeeth » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:50 am

Awesome, thanks.
Armed2theTeeth

Postby darkogav » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:37 pm

Based on Marshall's specs.

* "30W output and 2x12 speakers."
* "Though somewhat tonally similar to a JTM45, the 1962 combo is loaded with 2 Celestion Greenback 25W speakers and also comes."

You need to add a vintage tremolo to the chain.

I have a preset if you want to look at it.
darkogav

Postby carlaz » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:51 pm

In some senses, this might have been more easily achieved in earlier versions of AmpliTube that let you swap different power amps (etc.) in and out of some amp models like the British Lead S100; it used to be possible to step that done to a 50W 6L6 power section prior to AmpliTube 5, which might have been more "authentic". Clapton's "Bluebreaker" combo was indeed a JTM45, but those were probably actually outputting around 35 watts, while AmpliTube's JH Gold is a more powerful Hendrixified JTM45/100. The lower wattage combos would have broken up a little faster; there's more headroom on the JH Gold. That said, it's still probably the best choice in AmpliTube 5!

There is, I think, some debate about what speakers were likely in Clapton's "Bluesbreaker" combo when recording the "Beano" album. (I think he was on his second version of the JTM45 combo then; the original had 4x10 speakers, but the "Beano" combo had the better-known 2x12 speaker setup.) Some people think they were early "greenbacks" (which became standard later), though I think those who suspect they were Alnico speakers may have it right.

Try the JH Gold with the 2x12 Closed Vintage cab model using Brit Green speakers (i.e. G12M Greenback 25w 75Hz), which are probably the default, but then try swapping in Brit Alnico B (Celestion G12 T530 [Alnico] Blue) or Brit Alnico G (Celestion Gold [Alnico]) speaker models. I kind of think the G might work best, but I haven't tried it. You might also try the Brit Alnico S speaker models, though I am not really sure just which real-world speaker those are intended to model (possibly a Celestion G12 T652 B025 ... but possibly not!); they might also work well.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling