Dry Signal Coming Through with Amp Off (not the interface)

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Dry Signal Coming Through with Amp Off (not the interface)

Postby BigSh00ts » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:01 pm

This is so strange, and i hope osmeone can help. I've been trying to figure out why my amplitube sound kind of weird and not much like an actual amplifier, so as i was messing with stuff, i realized when i turn the "amp" off in amplitube, i still get dry signal. (using AT4 stand alone btw)

i did some googling and found 2 issues that normallyt cause this, neither of which i'm experienging.
1) direct monitoring on my Scarlett 2i4 (it's 99% not likely this because i'm all the way on "playback" on my interface, and when i close amplitube it stops)
2) the "DI" setting in the cab page. this is all the way down and muted. Still the sound comes through when i turn off the "amp"

now when i press mute, or turn off the record button, it stops. i'm at a loss here. Can someone help me figure this out? is there direct monitoring within amplitube that i can't find?
BigSh00ts

Re: Dry Signal Coming Through with Amp Off (not the interfac

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:50 pm

Turning off the amp doesn't keep the dry signal from passing through the rest of the chain. That is the expected behavior - you are hearing the dry signal unaffected by the amp section's modeling.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BigSh00ts » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:51 pm

huh... well i guess i have to figure out another reason why my amplitube doesn't sound great.
BigSh00ts

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:59 pm

Turning off the amp modeling would mean it doesn't sound like much of anything because you'd only be using FX and cabinets so it would sound just like plugging effects into a speaker cabinet meant to have an amp in the signal chain.

Sounds like it doesn't sound right when the amp is on, too, from your message which shouldn't be the case and I would have also suspected interface settings first too, to be honest. If you are sure you are getting a proper signal from your interface and all the gain staging is correct, you may also want to seek official support from IK Support though it is typically interface settings or gain staging (both in and outside of AmpliTube) at play when the sounds are not up to snuff, anemic, etc.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BigSh00ts » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:09 pm

I will contact support. The signal path is good, it just sounds almost nothing like a normal tube amp. and i'm not being snobby, it's just WAY different.
BigSh00ts

Postby danhargrave » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:06 am

I hate to bump this but I really think it is a bug. Pretty easy to repro. Throw Amplitube on any guitar part with only one amp, any amp. Turn the volume completely down and you will get silence. Then turn off the amp and you will get what sounds like the dry signal coming thru the chain. If it is expected that turning off the amp lets the dry signal continue to the cabinets then why doesn't turning the volume all the way down produce the same result? Hope it gets fixed some day. :D
danhargrave

Postby darkogav » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:03 pm

You can use AT5 for other things than guitars.A common use is using the pedals in AT5 for synths. So you actually do want the signal to go through so you can use the pedal emulations.
darkogav

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:39 pm

danhargrave wrote:I hate to bump this but I really think it is a bug. Pretty easy to repro. Throw Amplitube on any guitar part with only one amp, any amp. Turn the volume completely down and you will get silence. Then turn off the amp and you will get what sounds like the dry signal coming thru the chain. If it is expected that turning off the amp lets the dry signal continue to the cabinets then why doesn't turning the volume all the way down produce the same result? Hope it gets fixed some day. :D

If you feel this is a bug please report it to IK Support. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling