Brian May software issues

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Brian May software issues

Postby loproguitars » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:14 am

Struggling to get any response from ik multimedia so thought I'd try the forums..... So here goes...

Downloaded Custom Shop with the free amps to try out and test whether Amplitube 4 on my laptop with Line 6 Toneport worked. All worked really well and was impressed enough to purchase the Brian May package.

This is where it all started to go wrong.

Firstly it kept crashing. After about 10 software crashes and a couple of laptop restarts the software finally installed. Now however all the Brian May patches are totally unusable. Just a distorted mess, I get a full on speaker rattle to describe what I'm getting, certainly nothing that represents an amp tone. If however I switch back to the amplitube free models all is fine with no adjustments to my laptop or toneport settings.

Someone please help. I've been so looking forward to getting my hands on this software but felt nothing but disappointment since first attempt at playing.
loproguitars

Re: Brian May software issues

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:02 am

Please note that there is an incredibly high ticket volume but the support staff are working around the clock to keep up. What is your ticket number?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby loproguitars » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:00 am

I followed a support link from the email I received with my invoice. I don't have a ticket number.

I now have about 3 people giving conflicting answers now
loproguitars

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:05 pm

Please reply to those reps and ask that your issue be consolidated into one request/thread and they should oblige.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby loproguitars » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:35 pm

Still after a week and in same boat as what I was this time last week. I've checked and double checked compatability and setup but still the Brian May package doesn't work properly.

If I'd of wanted crackling I would of bought a packet of rice crispies as they're cheaper. There is definitely a fault with the software, how do I go about getting this sorted cos customer service are not helping at all
loproguitars

Postby garfy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi loproguitars

Sorry you're still having issues.

Who at IKM have you been emailing? Has it been the computer tech support or the sales team? When was the last response you got from them and did you try what they suggested and report back?

Just trying to fill in some blanks as this forum is not direct to IK Support but a user-to-user forum only.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:24 pm

Please note that we do provide guidelines about posting while you have an open support ticket here, please provide the requested information from this thread (and reply garfy): viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby loproguitars » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:55 pm

I have no idea. I followed a customer support link which included in the confirmation email I received after purchasing the software.

My last correspondence was earlier this afternoon. I have just been through a whole list of optimisations in an attempt to improve the laptop performance. In some respects this has helped but in the three amp setup presets I'm still getting a horrible crackling/distorted effect. The Deaky amp seems to be OK. Also if I turn the treble booster right down the crackling is reduced.

It's hard to explain.... Maybe an overload at the input end? But then why does it work completely fine with any of the four demo amps?
loproguitars

Postby garfy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:12 pm

Hmm, well if they're talking about optimisation then it sounds like you've got Tech Support which is correct.

I take it you're still using the Toneport as the interface? What buffer size do you have it set at in the Audio MIDI setup? Does it make a difference to the sound if you have it set higher?

I would still suggest working with Support via your ticket. Reply back to it telling them that the optimisation that was suggested hasn't fixed the problem and ask what to do next. I'm sure they'll have other suggestions, but they have to go through a logical order to track down the fault.
garfy

Postby loproguitars » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:48 pm

They've asked me to send them a photo of the buffer settings next so I'll do that tomorrow. I have tried messing about with the buffer settings but the issue seems to be with the extra processing used with the Bm30 presets. Hopefully I can get this sorted over the next few days.

I may try installing on my old laptop as a second option which is Windows xp I think but I expect that will cause more problems so probably better off sticking to the more up to date laptop. I am still using the toneport. May need a different interface which may improve the situation?
loproguitars

Postby garfy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:55 pm

I'd be very, very surprised if AT4 will even run on WXP. It needs to be a 64-bit OS and I'm pretty sure XP wasn't.

Stick with them, they will help you get to the bottom of it all.
garfy

Postby loproguitars » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:21 pm

Will do. It started to look more promising today
loproguitars

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling