Sound coming out only through 1 headphone

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Sound coming out only through 1 headphone

Postby fatalityhns » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:46 am

Hello everyone ! As the title says, my amplitube 4 delivers sound only through the left headphone.. I am using a Behringer UCG 102 GuitarLink, which has a 6.35mm (1/4 inch) XLR connector for the headphones output. I am using AKG in-ear headphones with only one 3.5mm jack that usual headphones have, and I use an adapter for the 3.5mm to 6.35mm in order to be able to properly insert them. Also, I am using the latest ASIO drivers.

Things I've done:
-tweaked with the settings of windows and it says it should output to both L and R because it is not panned to either of them

-messed around with amplitube interface in hope of coming across some setting, but was unable to

Any advice on how to make the sound come out of both earbuds? I personally think that the adapter is faulty?? Could that be an idea?

Thanks in advance !
fatalityhns

Re: Sound coming out only through 1 headphone

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:01 am

Hello fatalityhns and welcome to the forum.

Yes, it looks like some fault finding is in order.

The 3.5mm to 6.35mm adaptor - make sure this is stereo. It should be a 3-pole connector, so it will have 2 black insulating rings on it.

Try a different set of buds/headphones/powered monitors if you've got them to rule out the headphone output of the interface.

With your original in-ears plugged in, try wiggling the cable down near the 3.5mm jack - this is the most likely place that cables break.

Let us know if any of that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby fatalityhns » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:31 pm

Thanks for the solution ! I have managed to get sound out of them both, it turned out to be the adapter which was mono, I solved by buying another one with 2 dark rings as you said !

Now another problem, the sound seems kinda distorted to me on high gain amps, could it be the impedance of my headset? (32ohm headset - 50ohm interface)
fatalityhns

Postby lucasiciliano » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:51 pm

Hi fatalityhns ! How're 'U ? I'm an Amplitube 4 (MAX) user ! I solved every problem when I bought my first iRig ! I suggest , if 'U can, to try this interface/pedalboard and much more ! I mean there is a stereo ear plug out (3,15), then 'U can route Stomp I/O's L-R outs (6,3 plug) and send to a PA, Studio Monitors etc. I hope this way could fit to 'U ! Please Let me know if so !
Cheers Luca !
lucasiciliano

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:48 pm

fatalityhns wrote:Now another problem, the sound seems kinda distorted to me on high gain amps, could it be the impedance of my headset? (32ohm headset - 50ohm interface)

That one is a bit trickier to diagnose really as hi-gain amps are supposed to be distorted ;) How does it sound with a clean amp? Maybe you could ask on a Behringer forum as this sounds like a possible hardware issue.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling