Massive noises with fulltone sste

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Massive noises with fulltone sste

Postby DeAchim2017 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:05 am

Hi there,

I loaded the Fulltone Collection today and everything works fine accept the sste Delay. There are massive noises, such as Buffer crackles… But only with this one, the Chorus works fine. Also no problems with Fender or Mesa Collections...

I*m thankful for any help…

I*m using a Windows Laptop (i5, 16 GB RAM, HDD 1TB drive).

Best regards
DeAchim
DeAchim2017

Re: Massive noises with fulltone sste

Postby stateofepicicity » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:08 pm

I wonder if that pedal takes a little more processing power. It sounds like you may need either to increase your buffer size to use that pedal or to optimize your computer for audio, which really helps immensely to free your processor just to focus on audio. Things like disabling wifi, e.g., are first steps. In addition to basic optimization, I use ProcessLasso, which you can set to prioritize particular processes.

Best of luck! :)
stateofepicicity

Postby DeAchim2017 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:25 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. I had the same idea with that effect, but I don't know it for shure. Increasing the buffer size does not help. Processing power should be enough but the hard drive could be too slow... For me it's not possible to use Cakewalk and Amplitube 4 with low latency. Even at high samplerates (1024). 1 Track okay... 2 Tracks, game over… With Reaper it works.
I think you are right...theres too much going on on my Laptop. I will try to optimice.
Maybe I should by a computer just for the music... :roll:
DeAchim2017

Postby stateofepicicity » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:38 pm

Don't despair! I'm sure there's a good way to get it running how you intend. Definitely try to do the optimization, but if you still run into problems, maybe tech support can help you find something that might have been overlooked! But outside of tech support here, which Peter wrote is pretty swamped right now, I'd first just try some audio forums where people talk about optimization primarily, and really in-depth. The guides on IK's site are great, but it was on one of those optimization forums where someone just mentioned off the cuff that they use ProcessLasso, and that really was the biggest change for my computer. It feels to me just like too much is going on at once, and if you can shut down stuff that's unnecessary while you're processing audio, you might be able to get the computer acting right. :-) Also, one other thing I do is to disable Windows Search in Services before I play. That helps a lot!

Fight on for drop out free audio!
stateofepicicity

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling