AmpliTube totally fails to open

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube totally fails to open

Postby Vojta97 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:07 pm

Hello,
first off I want to clarify that I contacted the support srveral days ago, but I haven't received a reply and I finally need to figure this out. (Still, I know the main concern is now health protection, especially in Italy, so no hate there.)

So, I purchased the Axe I/O and downloaded all the apps, authorized, registred, etc...
Everything seems to function well, except for the Amplitube 4 Max. The download went well, but the app totally refuses to open. Only the Custom Shop opens up. After I click the Amplitube 4 icon, nothing happens. Tried it on other strong PCs... still exactly the same — I click... and no response. The app just won't open.
It is really frustrating as this is the key essential app for the operation of Axe I/O... and the only one that totally refuses to open.

I noticed other threads on the forum with similar issues, but couldn't find the solution.
I am afraid that if I don't figure this out this week, I will have to return the product.

Thank You.
Vojta97

Re: AmpliTube totally fails to open

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:06 am

I see you are using AXE I/O. It appears from what you post that you have downloaded everything but to make sure - did you also download the AXE I/O driver/control panel software from your IK User Area? If not, please do. If so, please make sure it sees your AXE I/O when you open it (should start automatically and be in your system tray on Windows).

I would make sure your Sample Rate is set to 44.1kHz there and try to start AmpliTube.

Though it shouldn't be necessary you may also want to try setting AmpliTube to run as Administrator.

Also, does the plugin version of AmpliTube work in your DAW? That's also always a good test and you may want to open it there then close your DAW and try to open the AmpliTube standalone.

Please let me know what your ticket number is too. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Vojta97 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:02 pm

Thank You for replying.

Yes, I tried everything you suggested — opening as administrator, sample rate adjustement, already tried all kinds of reinstalling etc. The Control Panel was maybe the first thing that installed and functions well.

I also tried to run Amplitube as the plug-in version from the included Ableton Live and it opened, however, I was planning on mainly using it standalone, which still does not work, even after closing the app and re-opening, as you suggested. Of course, I also tried to restart the PC etc.

What could be the problem with it not opening as a standalone version?

Thank you.
Vojta97

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:21 pm

I'm not sure, as I'm not a support rep and don't have the same issue but I'm sure they will be able to help.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling