Noise-Noise Gate

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Noise-Noise Gate

Postby texzen123 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:29 pm

OK, just took the plunge and dropped 500.00 for AmpliTube Max based on Youtube Vids.
The Passion and Warfare preset sounds pretty good. Other presets sound very low gain and weak.
The white noise is UNBEARABLE.
I have a track that this preset would work great on.
When I turn up the noise gate, my harmonics "envelope" in and out due to threshold and wont sustain-or sustain with awful white noise.
When I lower input, I loose the balls.
I've tried multiple combinations. I even tried putting a PodFarm Noise gate ahead of the preset.
Is there something i'm missing? or did I just waste $500.00?
Any wisdom would be helpful. I want to like and use this on recordings.
texzen123

Re: Noise-Noise Gate

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:54 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into. But if many others were running into that problem IK Multimedia would certainly have heard about it before. It does not help your particular situation but thousands of people are using AmpliTube happily.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby stateofepicicity » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:37 pm

It could be just keeping your guitar pickups too close to your computer and/or other electronics. When you record, practice, or perform, back away from your computer until the noise from your computer no longer seeps into your pickups. If I stand too close to my air fryer when it's running, it becomes part of my tone. To set your tone, press record, step away, play, then come back to reamp with you clean recorded signal. Then, when you're going to practice, back away from your computer again. To paraphrase Cliff Chase loosely (although he was only talking about his own product), an amp sim will only amplify this kind of noise that is originating elsewhere.

Don't at all think you wasted the money. All audio software takes familiarization, and with some poking and prodding, you should get along just fine. Best of luck on your tone journey!
stateofepicicity

Postby texzen123 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:11 pm

Thanks!
I turn the gain down and the input down.. and it goes away.. but I lose the "bite"
I've tried using Low impedance cables, DI boxes... etc.. When I get that tone I want (not necessarily too over driven).. I get tons of white noise.. But I'm still tweaking..
texzen123

Postby stateofepicicity » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:09 pm

I wouldn't mess the input and gain to get rid of the noise, because, as you're seeing already, you lose the essence of your tone! Please give it a try to back away from sources of noise that your pickups are picking up, and I think that'll get you almost all the way there! Then using Amplitube's noise gates should work just fine for you. :-)
stateofepicicity

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling