Amplitube and Scarlett solo setup questions.....

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube and Scarlett solo setup questions.....

Postby daniela debandi » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:38 pm

[Mod Note: Split into a new topic for clarity]

Hi! Sorry if is not the place to post this, Im new here and a I have a problem! I use a Scarlett solo as an interface to record and recently I downloaded amplitube 4. I wanna test it but the amplitube don´t recognize the guitar´s line! I use Mac, I´ve already configured the in and out, I dont know where the problem is. Someone to help me?! Thank you!
daniela debandi

Re: Amplitube and Scarlett solo setup questions.....

Postby garfy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:05 pm

Hello daniela debandi and welcome to the forums.

With the Scarlett Solo, the guitar input is input two.

Open AmpliTube and goto Settings>Audio MIDI Setup.
Switch the left channel input to Input 2

You should now have a signal in AT4

Let us know if that solves the issue.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby zulujos » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:43 pm

I had a whale of a time getting my solo 3rd gen to recognize AT4. Here are some instructions from IKM that got me going in the right direction. One thing that helped was changing channel 1 output to channel to and vice versa.

Open AmpliTube 4 (With your speakers or output muted - to avoid the feedback loop)Go to the Settings -> Audio/MIDI Set Up. Inside here, select the ASIO Technology and use the OUTPUT device to select ASIO4ALLOnce selected, use the PANEL button to see all available WDM devices in ASIO4ALLUse the WRENCH icon to show all "Sub-devices" (Think of your Focusrite as an example, this device as a whole is a device, but it's inputs and outputs are separate "Sub-devices".) On the left hand side of the panel you should now see "Power" buttons use these to disable ALL devices outside of just your Focusrite deviceOnce done, close the panel and the Audio/MIDI Set up to hear your AmpliTube playback properly

Important: Focusrite offers drivers for your device. These are similar to ASIO4ALL in the way that they will provide latency free audio, but they are different in a very specific way. ASIO4ALL access all "WDM" devices (Almost any audio device on your system, in short). The Focusrite drivers would only use the Focusrite device. This means, using the correct drivers, it would be impossible for your internal mic and speakers to cause this feedback loop. These drivers would also be optimized for your device, while ASIO4ALL is optimized for WDM devices in general. With all of this said, please make sure to look for your specific Focusrite ASIO drivers after selecting ASIO as your technology, these should be listed next to ASIO4ALL.
zulujos

Postby zulujos » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:47 pm

Additionally after clicking in the panel and double checking the sub devices I returned to the settings. It did not allow me to change the input but was able to change the output to Focusrite ASIO. That automatically changed the input. Hope this helps.
zulujos

Postby garfy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:04 am

Hi zulujos

That information will hopefully be useful to other users in the future, but the OP is on a Mac and so ASIO is not an option to them.

To the OP - did switching the input to 2 solve the issue? Please let us know as it will help future users. Thanks
garfy

Postby zulujos » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:47 pm

I thought it was the outputs, but yes, I followed most of the instructions posted but I could not change the input device to Focusrite Asio but when I changed the output to Focusrite it automatically changed the input device. As memory serves it still didn't resolve it until I reversed the channels.
zulujos

Postby jwagner27613 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:05 am

Hello The settings in my Scarlett Focus doesn't provide an option for an "input 2. There is only an input 1 for the left and right. I can't hear anything when I play my guitar. Please advise!
jwagner27613

Postby garfy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:34 am

Hello jwagner27613 and welcome to the forums.

You might have to give us a bit more to go on...

What OS/platform are you on? Have you installed the Focusrite drivers? Do you have sound through the Scarlett's outputs from something like YouTube?

Can you post a picture of what your Audio MIDI setup page looks like, showing the inputs in AT4? Here's how you can do that viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432"
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling